About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Where to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card?
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Where to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
HeleneZ
HeleneZ
13 posts
Jun 29, 2022 - 5:40 PM

Is there a difference in buying the half fare card on the SBB website or in the SBB Mobile app? Can you 'print at home' if you purchase it either way? and can you save a digital copy from either? If I buy for the person I'm travelling with, can I send them a digital copy of their card?

Sorry if this has been answered recently...I missed it.

Thanks for the help.

Helene

Ildiko
Ildiko
2502 posts
expert &
Jun 29, 2022 - 7:37 PM in reply to HeleneZ

Hi Helene,

you can buy your Swiss Half Fare Card here: www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/price. You will receive the Swiss Half Fare Card via e-mail. All you need to do is print the card or store it on your phone. I recommend this one, this is the official SBB shop for tourists.

At www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/howtouse you can read about how to use and store your Swiss Half Fare Card once you bought it.

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

HeleneZ
HeleneZ
13 posts
Jun 29, 2022 - 10:10 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thanks Idiko- That was where I thought I'd get it but you can also use the SBB app and I would like to clarify if that is the same thing... I would be using the app to find the trains I want to take and purchase tickets too.

thanks again

Arno
Arno
15676 posts
expert &
Jun 30, 2022 - 5:05 AM in reply to HeleneZ

Hi Helene,

The app is completely separate from any pass you'd buy. You can use it to search for train schedules and optionally to buy tickets as well. But you don't have to, it's just one of the options besides buying from a ticketing machine, from the service desks, or from other web shops: www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerlandhalffare/price.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022