Where to go wild camping in the Swiss Alps?

• Westside88
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 July 2022 at 17:20:50 #827765

Good day

I just found this great forum. I am planning to go “wild” camping in the mountains in July. Since I don’t do this often, I have no idea where this is allowed and where not. I have seen, for example, that it is forbidden in Zermatt.

Does anyone have any tips where or on which mountains it is allowed? The region doesn’t really matter 🙂 The only thing that would be great is if you can see the sunrise in the morning and it shouldn’t be a campsite. It would also be great if you know specific places.

Best wishes and thank you very much for your tips! 😀

Westside

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    13 July 2022 at 19:16:18 #944275

Hi Westside,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Did you already read our page http://www.myswissalps.com/campsites/wildcamping? It has links to maps too.

Westside88
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 July 2022 at 21:25:28 #944276

Hi Annika

Thank you for your post! 🙂 Yes I checked this already.

I was more looking for like specific tips for locations. Like on which mountain it‘s possible.

greetings

Westside

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2022 at 7:55:54 #944277

Hi Westside,

I’ve seen wild campers in the Les Mosses area, close to Leysin.

This part of the Alps is not the highest part but still wonderful in my opinion. 🙂 It is also not that touristy, so you’ll see more local hikers and wild campers there. I always had a great experience with the tourist office in Les Mosses, I think they can help you with a more detailed spot. You can contact them here: info @ lesmosses. ch

The link, that Annika recommended has also links to other websites, have you already seen those? The box called ‘Information on other websites’ is on the right side of the page.

Once you did the wild camping, would you be so kind to share your experiences with us? I am sure that other forum members would love to read about that too. 🙂

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Where to go wild camping in the Swiss Alps?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.