Is Lucerne a good base for these attractions?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sruthi
sruthi
4 posts
Sep 11, 2015 - 4:31 PM

I am planning a 7day trip in Switzerland with my husband. . arrival and departure at zurich.. I am planning to visit jungfrauh,mt pilatus,mt rigi,matterhorn,rhine falls..to visit all this places shall I put lucerne as the base or will I loose many hours for travelling.? Can u please suggest any other attractions in Switzerland. .

Annika
Annika
5005 posts
expert &
Sep 12, 2015 - 4:40 PM

Hi sruthi,

Lucerne certainly makes a good base for some of your plans. Rigi and Pilatus can very well be visited from this town. The Jungfraujoch would be possible too, although that will be a long travel day. The Matterhorn near Zermatt is too far off; you can check traveling times using the timetable. So you can either skip this, or include another base town if you definitely want to see it. I suggest to visit the Rhine Falls on your arrival or departure day, as they can best be reached from Zurich.

Hotel suggestions for Lucerne can be found at www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/hotels. Each the attraction pages I linked to describes how to get there, and as mentioned you can use the general timetable too.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019