Which sim card for an ipad in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2015 at 6:45:50 #807677

We arrive in Zurich Saturday morning August 8. What sim card do I need for an iPad mini and can I buy one at Zurich airport? If not, where?

And a “Europe Sim Card” (JT) arrived with my Swiss rail pass. Should I use it? We are staying in Switzerland for only one week, then going to France. Will any card I buy in Switzerland still work in France?

There, 5 questions in one email!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 August 2015 at 9:59:50 #844960

Hi johnhalf,

I just used the SIM card from http://www.simlystore.com/en/ buy-prepaid-sim-card/switzerland-prepaid-data-sim-card.html for my smart phone and was very happy with it (please see here). It covers France too, and works for iPads as well (be sure to select the correct card size when ordering). For the amount of data they offer it’s a pretty cheap one.

Shipping this card takes 2 to 7 working days. If you have it sent to your hotel in Switzerland it should be delivered pretty quickly as they ship from Germany.

I don’t know about the card your received with your rail pass. If it includes a data plan it might work as well. There’s a Swisscom shop at the airport. I don’t know their options and prices, but I’m sure they’ll be able to get you online somehow.

• The thread ‘Which sim card for an ipad in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.