which is the cheapest 1day ticket to Jungfraujoch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Karen
Karen
1 post
Feb 5, 2015 - 1:08 AM
Hi, I am planning to travel up Jungfraujoch end February with a friend, my husband and two children, age 3 & 5. I saw there are many types of ticket which mostly include few days trip. Since we are travelling mostly by car, i will only need train ticket to go up Jungfraujoch. Does anyone know which type and where I can get cheapest train ticket to Jungfraujoch?

Annika
Annika
6099 posts
expert &
Feb 5, 2015 - 6:39 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Karen!

If you won't be using public transportation apart from the trip to the Jungfraujoch, you're best off buying regular tickets. A Good Morning or Good Afternoon Ticket would be the cheapest solution in that case. It's mentioned at the Jungfraujoch page too.

If you intend to make a just few more trips by train, boat, bus or cable car, a Swiss Half Fare Card will be more economical than buying regular tickets. It allows you to buy your Jungfraujoch tickets, and all other tickets you may need, with a 50% discount.

In both cases, your children under 6 will travel along for free.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019