About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Which of these Swiss towns to spend most time in?
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Which of these Swiss towns to spend most time in?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
VolatilityTS
VolatilityTS
4 posts
May 12, 2022 - 4:59 AM

I've never been to Europe so I will be relying on forums and advice for this trip I'm planning, thanks in advance! It's a 16 day trip and we visit 7 places to do a lap around all of Switzerland. Then I have 9 days to add on for "rest days" to just explore the area and do day trips to mountains, lakes, castles, winery's, chocolate / cheese factories, etc.

Which of these places should we spend the most extra time in? We'll have the unlimited Swiss Rail pass

- Zurich

- Lucerne

- Chur

- St Moritz

- Zermatt

- Montreux

- Interlaken

Arno
Arno
14932 posts
expert &
May 12, 2022 - 5:34 AM

Hi VolatilityTS,

That's a good question but also quite hard to answer :-) It's really a matter of personal interests and priorities. I recommend to read our information on each town to help making a descision:

Basically you can't go wrong spending extra time in either of these towns. Personally I would not pick Zurich because I prefer nature over cities. But if you like good dining, shopping and museums, then it would be a great choice for you.

Since Montreux is the only French speaking town on your list, that might be a reason to spend more time there. It will be a different atmosphere and add to the variety of your trip.

Does this get you started?

Last modified on May 12, 2022 - 5:36 AM by Arno
StevefromHou
StevefromHou
119 posts
May 12, 2022 - 10:26 AM

Hello VolatilityTS,

My choices would be Zermatt, Lucerne, Montreux and Interlaken.

You might also check into Lauterbrunnen Valley area, it is very near Interlaken and to me is a much better choice over Interlaken.

I agree with Arno, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices.

Enjoy!

Steve

Drexelius
Drexelius
19 posts
May 13, 2022 - 12:22 PM

Agree with Steve. Go to the Lauterbrunnen Valley. There is easily a week (or much more) of things to do in the area (beautiful hikes, villages, mountain tops, etc.) that will keep you busy and in my opinion, is the most beautiful area of Switzerland (actually the world).

Anna
Anna
2791 posts
expert &
May 13, 2022 - 1:02 PM

Hi VolatilityTS,

I would spend the extra time in Lucerne (plan day trips to the Ticino region) and Montreux. Interlaken would also be great.

Regards,

Anna

VolatilityTS
VolatilityTS
4 posts
May 17, 2022 - 7:12 AM

Thank you so much everyone for the great feedback, it's very helpful!

Looking at those links and resources, I think Lucerne and Montreux will get a couple extra days each, there seems to be a lot of great day trips there. Thanks

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022