Which pass for 3 days Lucerne in 1st week of Nov

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2016 at 5:26:04 #810129

Hi team

We( me and my husband) are planning to visit lucerne for 3 days from 31st October to 3rd Nov. This would be our first time in Switzerland and wish to make most of it. Please help me in finalising my itinerary

31st Oct – Paris to Zurich. Leave the lauguage in the clock room .Visit Rhine falls. Catch a train to Lucerne in the evening. Stay at Lucerne. Would take a 3 days tel pass at Lucerne station.

1st Nov – Mount pilatus day trip. Visit Lucerne lake in the evening if there is any time left

2nd Nov – mount titlis. Lucern city site seeing in the evening.

3rd Nov – Lucerne – Interlaken train ride and back to Zurich

Any suggestions/ feedback on this would help.

1. Would the tel pass work for Zurich to Lucerne/ Rhine falls or do we have to take a direct rail ticket?

2. Which one is more economical with my itinerary – tell pass or Swiss pass.

Thanks!

Priyanka

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 September 2016 at 14:39:21 #856085

Welcome to MySwissAlps Priyanka!

1. No, it does not cover Zurich nor the Rhine Falls. It only covers half the ride of Zurich to Lucerne. Please see the Tell-Pass map for what’s included.

2. Note that the Swiss Pass is an electronic card for Swiss residents. You do not need that. You may need the Swiss Travel Pass, which is for tourists. This would be more convenient than a Tell-Pass, because it also includes Zurich, Zurich to Lucerne, the ride to the Rhine Falls and Basel to Zurich as well. So you would only need a ticket from Paris to Basel (Swiss border).

Please see:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2016 at 4:59:32 #856086

Thanks Arno!

appritiate your references. I will buy the Swiss travel 3 day pass. And I think that should work fine.

Priyanka

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 September 2016 at 5:57:17 #856087

You’re welcome! You can print the pass at home so you don’t need to get off the train in Basel: please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees) within 1-3 business days.

Have a great trip!

• The thread ‘Which pass for 3 days Lucerne in 1st week of Nov’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.