Which pass options for our 30 day Swiss holiday

• Powe8698
    Participant
    3 posts
    9 June 2022 at 10:37:00 #827458

First, I’m so glad to have found this forum. It’s been very helpful to filter through all the options available for travel.

My question to the forum is deciding on which pass options for our stay.

We will be traveling by rental car to Lauterbrunnen (10 days), then to Grimdlewald (6 days), then Brig (7 days), then Sion (7 days). Most of our itinerary will be hiking (weather dependent of course).

So we were thinking we could get the Berner Orberland pass for 10 days combined with the Swiss Half Fare pass for 30 days. Or would it be better to get the Swiss Travel pass WITH OR WITHOUT THE BERNER REGIONAL PASS?

Thank you in advance!

Barbara

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2022 at 13:09:10 #943054

Hi Barbara and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

If you are driving, we recommend the Swiss Half Fare Card, which gives you 50% discount from the price of mountain transport and trains, buses, boats etc. Please find the validity map at http://www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/validity.

May I ask, is there any particular reason you are driving? Especially in the Jungfrau region (Lauterbrunnen, Gimmelwald, Grindelwald) no car is needed. Also the parking costs will be quite expensive. I suggest reconsidering taking the trains instead of the rental car. Here are some other reasons: http://www.myswissalps.com/carversustrain.

If you are not driving, then the Swiss Travel Pass + Regional Pass Bernese Oberland is a great combination. You can find the validity map here:

It is so great that you have that long holiday, so you do not need to run and you can explore fully the regions you’re visiting.

Take care

Ildiko

Powe8698
    Participant
    3 posts
    9 June 2022 at 13:29:17 #943055

Thank you lldiko for such a prompt response.

We have a rental car as we have been in Italy for a month before coming to Switzerland and our rentals allow for free parking. However once we are settled in, we would preferably use the passes available.

Your suggestions and the links are very helpful. And yes, we are looking forward to our extended visit!

Thanks again.

Barbara

• The thread ‘Which pass options for our 30 day Swiss holiday’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.