About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Which pass options for our 30 day Swiss holiday
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Which pass options for our 30 day Swiss holiday

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Powe8698
Powe8698
3 posts
Jun 9, 2022 - 10:37 AM

First, I'm so glad to have found this forum. It's been very helpful to filter through all the options available for travel.

My question to the forum is deciding on which pass options for our stay.

We will be traveling by rental car to Lauterbrunnen (10 days), then to Grimdlewald (6 days), then Brig (7 days), then Sion (7 days). Most of our itinerary will be hiking (weather dependent of course).

So we were thinking we could get the Berner Orberland pass for 10 days combined with the Swiss Half Fare pass for 30 days. Or would it be better to get the Swiss Travel pass WITH OR WITHOUT THE BERNER REGIONAL PASS?

Thank you in advance!

Barbara

Ildiko
Ildiko
2391 posts
top member &
Jun 9, 2022 - 1:09 PM in reply to Powe8698

Hi Barbara and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

If you are driving, we recommend the Swiss Half Fare Card, which gives you 50% discount from the price of mountain transport and trains, buses, boats etc. Please find the validity map at www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/validity.

May I ask, is there any particular reason you are driving? Especially in the Jungfrau region (Lauterbrunnen, Gimmelwald, Grindelwald) no car is needed. Also the parking costs will be quite expensive. I suggest reconsidering taking the trains instead of the rental car. Here are some other reasons: www.myswissalps.com/carversustrain.

If you are not driving, then the Swiss Travel Pass + Regional Pass Bernese Oberland is a great combination. You can find the validity map here:

It is so great that you have that long holiday, so you do not need to run and you can explore fully the regions you're visiting.

Take care

Ildiko

Last modified on Jun 9, 2022 - 1:09 PM by Ildiko
Powe8698
Powe8698
3 posts
Jun 9, 2022 - 1:29 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thank you lldiko for such a prompt response.

We have a rental car as we have been in Italy for a month before coming to Switzerland and our rentals allow for free parking. However once we are settled in, we would preferably use the passes available.

Your suggestions and the links are very helpful. And yes, we are looking forward to our extended visit!

Thanks again.

Barbara

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Swiss Travel Pass promotion: 30% discount
Available until 31 October 2022. Book 6 months ahead.
https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/swisstravelpass

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022