Which pass/ticket is suitable?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2013 at 2:12:50 #806109

Hello,

We are 4 couples travelling to Switzerland for 6 days (21st Sep to 26th Sep).

Day 1: Reaching from Paris to Zurich by train. Need transfer from train station to hotel.
    Day 2: From Zurich to Lucerne by train.
    Day 3: Visting Engelberg, Mt. Titlis from Lucerne and return back.
    Day 4: From Lucernce to Interlaken by train
    Day 5: From Interlaken OST to jungfraujoch and return back
    Day 6: From Interlaken OST to Zurich airport by train

We need the cheapest way of travel by purchasing a travel pass or Ticket.
    Which will be the best option for us?
    Also give some suggestion, where we can get more discounts while exploring the mentioned cities.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Mansi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 July 2013 at 4:45:56 #839055

Hello Mansi, thanks for posting here!

Can you let me know whether you already have the Paris to Zurich ticket, where the hotel in Zurich is located, and what your country of residence is?

If you did not book the hotel yet, you can find hotels near the rail station here.

Thanks!
    Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2013 at 5:02:27 #839056

Hello Arno,

Thanks you for considering my query.
    We have not booked Paris to Zurich ticket yet.
    We will stay at Holiday In Express at Zurich.

Our country of residence is India, but we will be in Paris for 7 days before our swiss trip starts.

I hope this info is sufficient to answer my query.

Thanks,
    Mansi

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 July 2013 at 4:00:35 #839057

Hello Mansi. In that case I think the Swiss Half Fare Card is the cheapest solution, but that also depends on what exactly you wish to do while exploring the cities (boat trips, museums, etcetera). The Swiss Half Fare Card requires you to buy 50% discounted tickets for all trips, including urban transportation. Museums are not included. If you’re looking for more comfort, free urban transportation and free entrance to museums, a 4 or 8 day Swiss Saver Pass might be easier.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2013 at 4:49:31 #839058

Thank you Annika!!
    Then is it possible to buy A day pass for Interlaken or Lucerne?
    If yes, then I need information about it like – cost, inclusions, discounts on it, from where to purchase it, is it possible to buy it in Switzerland?
    We are planning to buy this pass for 1 or 2 days only in our trip.

Thanks,
    Mansi

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 July 2013 at 5:55:55 #839059

Hi Mansi,

Well, you’ll get a free visitors card with an hotel stay in Interlaken (info here) or Luzern (info here). You’d best look into the details to see if those are sufficient to you. If not, and if you like to have a pass that includes the maximum number of features for the whole of your stay, you can consider the Swiss Saver Pass that Annika mentioned. That will get you free traveling throughout Switzerland, free city transport, many museums for free (like the Glacier Garden) and free boat cruises from Lucerne and Interlaken. No tickets required for the trains and boats, just hop on and show your pass when asked. More info is here too. Don’t forget the promo codes.

• The thread ‘Which pass/ticket is suitable?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.