Which rail pass to use

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2011 at 21:21:14 #804286

We are travelling to Switz on the 18th May. for 23 days. entire journey fm Zurich with a hire car. Apart from Road travel we would like to do the following on day trips.

• boat trip on lake lucerne from weggis
    • rigi
    • jungfraujoch
    • first
    • shilthorn
    • boat trip brienzee
    • boat trip lake maggiore
    • glacier express

would the swiss half fare pass be the best option? can i buy this pass on arrival at zurich airport? is there a website where i can see what the respective costs of each trip so that i can determine if the half fare card is worth it?

i know this has been addressed before, but your advice would be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 May 2011 at 2:13:24 #832810

Hi roblan, welcome to our website. The Swiss Half Fare Card would most definitely be the best option. Even after two relatively expensive trips, it is already economical. If you want to calculate the exact price difference, this FAQ will help you out. Purchase options can be found at the Swiss Half Fare Card page. A purchase at Zurich airport should be possible.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Which rail pass to use’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.