Hike to First from Wilderswil and how to return?

Hike to First from Wilderswil and how to return?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
SarahJ
SarahJ
2 posts
May 29, 2018 - 12:10 AM

Hi! I’m sure this has been answered a million times, but I’m having a hard time finding an answer! So, we plan on taking the train to Schynige Platte from Wilderswil in August, then hiking to First. We’re advid hikers, so not concerned about that. However, what is the best way to get down? Is the only option taking a gondola back down to Gimmelwald and finding our way back to Wilderswil, or is there more of a direct way to get to Wilderswil?

Thanks in advance!

Lucas
Lucas
6375 posts
expert &
May 29, 2018 - 6:56 AM in reply to SarahJ

Hi SarahJ and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Often that hike is done in reverse - First to Schynigge Platte. It is a good long hike, about 6 hours.

Our hiking page lists details of the hike (just reverse the directions): https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/first-schynigeplatte
From First you take a gondola to Grindelwald, then train to Wilderswil.

SarahJ
SarahJ
2 posts
May 29, 2018 - 9:42 PM

Thank you! That’s great info! I’m having a hard time finding prices for tickets up/down that include both, do I just purchase them separately when I reach each destination?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3581 posts
expert
May 29, 2018 - 10:17 PM in reply to SarahJ

You should find prices by following relevant links at www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/ or using the SBB timetable (which will assume you have a Swiss half-fare card).

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018