Hike to First from Wilderswil and how to return?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 0:10:58 #816286

Hi! I’m sure this has been answered a million times, but I’m having a hard time finding an answer! So, we plan on taking the train to Schynige Platte from Wilderswil in August, then hiking to First. We’re advid hikers, so not concerned about that. However, what is the best way to get down? Is the only option taking a gondola back down to Gimmelwald and finding our way back to Wilderswil, or is there more of a direct way to get to Wilderswil?

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 6:56:53 #886638

Hi SarahJ and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Often that hike is done in reverse – First to Schynigge Platte. It is a good long hike, about 6 hours.

Our hiking page lists details of the hike (just reverse the directions): https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/first-schynigeplatte
    From First you take a gondola to Grindelwald, then train to Wilderswil.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 21:42:13 #886639

Thank you! That’s great info! I’m having a hard time finding prices for tickets up/down that include both, do I just purchase them separately when I reach each destination?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 May 2018 at 22:17:04 #886640

You should find prices by following relevant links at http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/ or using the SBB timetable (which will assume you have a Swiss half-fare card).

• The thread ‘Hike to First from Wilderswil and how to return?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.