Booking the Wilhelm Tell Express online

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
drnisarga
drnisarga
10 posts
May 14, 2016 - 7:50 AM

Dear all,

I am planning to visit Lucerne May end. I would like to explore Wilhelm Tell Express. I carry second class Swiss pass. I read that up-gradation to first class can be done in train stations, but reservation is required. Can I do reservation online? If so, tickets are required? Because I do not have much time to receive the ticked posted from Swiss to my country, is it practical?

Can I take and plan the same route without the reservation for Wilhelm Tell Express? If so how?

After going to the end point from Lucerne, that is Lugano, I would like to reach Zermatt. How to reach (best way)Zermatt from Lugano/Locarno?

Regards

Arno
Arno
12288 posts
expert &
May 14, 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hello Nisarga,

The reservation is optional and cannot be done online at this time. Please find more information at myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress/ tickets.

The Wilhelm Tell Express ends in Locarno. From there you can travel to Domodossola, then on to Brig and Zermatt. Details are in the timetable. If you have a Swiss Travel Pass (not a Swiss Pass!), all of this is free, apart from a small surcharge on some of the trains from Locarno to Domodossola. Thatsurcharge can be paid for on board, if required.

Enjoy the trip! It will be a long but beautiful ride.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019