Will Swiss Travel Pass help me?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 10:49:01 #815851

I read and searched alot about Swiss travel pass and Swiss Half Fare Card and after reading alot, I’m back on square one. Really confused and hence need advice.

So we are planning for a 4-5 days Switzerland Trip in July where we will land in Zurich and want to take a train in Interlaken.

1. It’s a day stay in Interlaken

2. Then head for Jungfraujoch (one day plan) back

3. Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen to Gimmelwald. One night stay

4. Interlaken to Lucerne – 1 day stay

5. Lucerne to Mount titlis (1 day trip)

And then bus goodbye to Switzerland for Prague (3 days) , Vienna (2 days) and Budapest (3 days)

so please let me know what all in Switzerland will be covered under the Swiss Travel Pass? Is it advicable to take Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss half fare card or Eurail pass (considering we have to travel to Prague, Vienna and Budapest). Will the jungfraujoch, mt titlis and cable car to gimmekwald will be included in any of these passes?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 15:45:27 #884725

Hi Deepshikha and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can see what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here & the Eurail Select Pass here.

I doubt the Eurail Pass will be of any benefit in the other countries unless you are traveling around them like you are in Switzerland. So if you are only taking the bus or train to Prague etc but not traveling around the Czech Republic than it would be a waste.

As for rail passes for Switzerland, the Swiss Travel Pass is a safe bet for your trip. Or perhaps the Swiss Half Fare Card (as it is valid for 30 days whereas the STP is 3, 4 , 8 or 15 only)

The only way to know for sure, what the best rail pass is for your trip is to find prices for all the trips you will take and compare to rail pass coverage and discounts. We have a page here to help: How to choose the best rail pass

• The thread ‘Will Swiss Travel Pass help me?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.