William Tell Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2011 at 0:06:46 #804444

Hello! We are 4 adults and 4 small children and we wanted to take the WTE to Lugano as we are going to Bellagio on Lake Como.

We are debating between the standard or the premium package. Is fast baggage transfer worth it? We have 6 big bags and 4 strollers.

Please can anyone advise if premium or standard to take with such small kids (7,3,3,1 years). We will be staying in Engleberg.

Also can anyone adivse what else to see and do for kids in Switzerland? We are in Engleberg for 6 days and Zurich for 2 days.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 April 2011 at 11:29:23 #833341

Hello Bhairavim. I don’t have personal experiences with the premium William Tell Express package, so I can’t really give any advice on this. I do know that it’s the same route in the same boat and train as the regular William Tell Express, but with some extras such as a tour guide and a more luxurious menu on board the boat. You should try to find out for yourself if this is worth the extra money.

It would be very easy to make use of the fast baggage service offered by the SBB. You have to carry along your luggage on the boat and in the train, and it would be quite a hassle to do so with 6 bigs and 4 strollers. You can hand in your luggage in Lucerne and pick it up the same evening in Lugano.

The Engelberg Tourism website may help you out, as they list several children’s activities. As for Zurich: you can make a boat trip over the lake, visit the viewing point Uetliberg by train, stroll along the old city centre and the parks, visit the zoo with its rain forest, and so on. Please refer to Zurich Tourism for details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2011 at 2:44:51 #833342

Hi
    I have a similar question in regards to luggage.

We are planning to take the earliest Wilhelm Tell Express this August (arriving in Lugano at 16.27) on our way to Venice and arrive in Venice on the same night.
    Is it possible if we pick up our luggage in Lugano before 18:00, say at 15-16:00 so that we dont arrive too late in Venice. OR is it possible to pick up the luggage in Milan or preferably Venice at later hours, and how much is the fee? There are 6 adults but possibly just 5 suitcases.

Also, if all of these are not possible, do you know if we can bring our luggage onto the boat when boarding from Luzern to Fluelen?

Many thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 July 2011 at 3:57:08 #833343

Hi sweetypie,

I don’t think any of these options is being offered, but you can best check the SBB website for the details. Bringing your luggage on the boat will not be a problem.

Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘William Tell Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.