Using an Interrail pass in Switzerland

Using an Interrail pass in Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Eiger1
Eiger1
1 post
May 29, 2017 - 9:15 AM

Myself and my wife (both over 60) have planned a trip to Switzerland for 1 week in August. We fly into Zurich and our accommodation is in Thun. We want a pass which would allow us to travel freely to and from the airport as well as visiting Grindelwald, Interlacken, Burn, trip on the Glacier Express and we really want to travel on the Jungfrau railway. From my own research the interrail senior pass appears to be the best value. I would appreciate comments from anyone who may have used inter rail passes.

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
May 29, 2017 - 10:29 AM in reply to Eiger1

Hi Eiger1 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are just traveling in Switzerland, then the best rail pass (to cover everything you mention) would be the Swiss Travel Pass - read here for more details and prices. It will cover everything except mandatory reservations on the Glacier Express and offers a 25% discount to Jungfraujoch (no pass covers this trip completely). It covers a bit more than the Interrail pass - pricing and validity described here.

You can also use our information page on how to choose the best rail pass - it has an excel sheet to help you do price calculations to compare passes - the only way to know 100%.

Lucas

Last modified on May 29, 2017 - 3:51 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017