The Interrail Switzerland Pass in short
- Free unlimited traveling in Switzerland for 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8 days within 1 month;
- Most trains are free, some are discounted. Some boats are free, most are discounted;
- Selected cable cars are discounted;
- City transport and buses are not included;
- Children up to 11 travel along for free (max. 2 children per adult). This applies to free routes, not to discounted routes.
The Interrail Switzerland Pass suits your holidays if:
- you have planned a lot of traveling in Switzerland, and mainly by train. You'll save money as point to point tickets are more expensive;
- you prefer ticketless traveling. You don't need to buy tickets for each trip;
- your plans are not set in stone or you want to be flexible. The Interrail Switzerland Pass allows spontaneous trips at no extra cost;
- you do not need a lot of transport services not covered by this pass. If you do, you best look into the Swiss Travel System passes;
- you live in Europe, but not in Switzerland. If you do not live in Europe, a Eurail pass is a similar alternative.
WHERE IT'S VALID
See where you can travel with the Interrail Switzerland Pass, and which discounts are included.
How to choose the best rail pass, where to buy one, about seat reservations and much more.
Is something not clear yet? Just post your questions to the Swiss rail forum and get a quick answer.