Would you like a one month Swiss Travel Pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2016 at 12:05:48 #854144

If I was to buy 2 x 15 day Swiss Travel Passes for myself and my wife before the changes of passes are due to be announced, will we be able to use them in February??

Thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 October 2016 at 13:07:46 #854145

Hi sirles,

The 15-day Swiss Travel Passes will still be available next year, but the price will increase by 3%. You’ll find retailers through myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. As you can see there, it’s 3 websites you can choose from if you live in the UK, but I know that http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk does not sell passes yet for 2017. They will do so later this month, but prices for 2017 will be higher, so no advantage in buying in advance. Of course one never knows about exchange rates; there could still be an advantage because of that.

If I were you I would buy from http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/swiss-pass now. Their prices are really good and they do sell for February at the current rates. I wouldn’t expect a better deal before that time, unless they come up with a really great promotion (I don’t expect that for the winter sports season).

ruedi
    Participant
    26 posts
    7 October 2016 at 14:29:59 #854146

Hi…I think perhaps I am just a little confused. The euro rail global pass seems to be about 1200 for 30 days. Am I wrong I what I see?? Thank you appreciate your help

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 October 2016 at 16:26:27 #854147

Hi ruedi,

I’m not sure where you checked that, and for which currency. A one month Eurail Global Pass for an adult (only available for 1st class) costs € 926, but currently it’s € 742 because there is a promotion. And there’s a 15% Saver discount on top of that if traveling together.

Please see myswissalps.com/eurail globalpass/price, and also http://www.eurail.com/eurail-passes/global-pass and http://www.raileurope.ca/rail -tickets-passes/eurail-global-pass (for prices in your currency, CAD).

ruedi
    Participant
    26 posts
    7 October 2016 at 17:02:31 #854148

thank you so much for your help…this is a great site!!

ruedi
    Participant
    26 posts
    7 October 2016 at 17:20:08 #854149

Hi again Arno..really appreciate your help..I went to the ca site you suggested and it seems that for two seniors for one month the g0lbal pass is 2300 cdn

The swiss pass for two seniors is 1934 cdn for 15 days so getting 2 of these would be 3868 for the month.

I think this still allows to use the boat system. Is the only thing we miss out on the museums?

Thank you so much for your help

regards ruedi

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 October 2016 at 17:42:55 #854150

Hi ruedi,

Unfortunately the two passes are very different and you would miss out on much more. Indeed the boats are included, but no free museums in Eurail passes, and also no buses or any urban transport like trams. Only a few cableways are discounted whereas the Swiss Travel Pass even offers some of them for free. Some trains are not included either, but discounted. You’d best compare in detail to see the differences. Eurail might be a good choice for you, but it depends on your plans. There are no other passes that come close to what’s included in the Swiss Travel Pass.

ruedi
    Participant
    26 posts
    7 October 2016 at 17:52:41 #854151

thank you again Arno…will try to go through all of the pluses in detail…really trying to plan for next year..it’s unfortunate the prices has risen soo much with our dollar being low…BUT,,,we SHALL return 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • The thread ‘Would you like a one month Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.