Yacht cruises on Lake Lucerne - Swiss Travel Pass?

Yacht cruises on Lake Lucerne - Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Kapil gosain
Kapil gosain
9 posts
Jun 4, 2018 - 3:29 PM

Hi Experts,

I have read so much about the amazing Swiss Travel Rail Pass. It says it covers boat rides in Lucerne. There is also a page iin the website to talk about it.

However I wanted to know if the pass covers the yatch 1 hour cruises also in it or are they excluded? Basically what tourist type cruises or trips on the lake are covered by the pass?

Thanks in advance

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
Jun 4, 2018 - 7:49 PM in reply to Kapil gosain

Hi Kapil,

Some of those 1 hour cruises get a 50% discount with the Swiss Travel Pass. The website you find a yacht cruise on will give you fare information. The boat routes that are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass are noted on the PDF map: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2263 posts
top member
Jun 5, 2018 - 2:31 AM in reply to Kapil gosain

>> However I wanted to know if the pass covers the yatch 1 hour cruises also in it or are they excluded?

If the cruise you are considering is the one on the Saphir, my post of Apr 21, 2018 - 7:52 AM on the following page might interest you:

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/mt-titlis-if-also-visiting-jungfraujoch

Alpenrose

PhyllisWerth
PhyllisWerth
8 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 3:34 AM

We spent an extra 16chf each for the Saphir 1 hour cruise, with the Swiss Travel Pass. The boat was very nice, and offered commentary. The boat from Pilatus was more basic, no commentary, but the trip was longer.

Kapil gosain
Kapil gosain
9 posts
Jun 15, 2018 - 2:19 PM in reply to Alpenrose666

Thanks.

That post and your description in it makes real good sense

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018