Yacht cruises on Lake Lucerne – Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 15:29:06 #816443

Hi Experts,

I have read so much about the amazing Swiss Travel Rail Pass. It says it covers boat rides in Lucerne. There is also a page iin the website to talk about it.

However I wanted to know if the pass covers the yatch 1 hour cruises also in it or are they excluded? Basically what tourist type cruises or trips on the lake are covered by the pass?

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 19:49:32 #887367

Hi Kapil,

Some of those 1 hour cruises get a 50% discount with the Swiss Travel Pass. The website you find a yacht cruise on will give you fare information. The boat routes that are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass are noted on the PDF map: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 2:31:47 #887368

>> However I wanted to know if the pass covers the yatch 1 hour cruises also in it or are they excluded?

If the cruise you are considering is the one on the Saphir, my post of Apr 21, 2018 – 7:52 AM on the following page might interest you:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/mt-titlis-if-also-visiting-jungfraujoch

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 3:34:03 #887369

We spent an extra 16chf each for the Saphir 1 hour cruise, with the Swiss Travel Pass. The boat was very nice, and offered commentary. The boat from Pilatus was more basic, no commentary, but the trip was longer.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2018 at 14:19:52 #887370

Thanks.

That post and your description in it makes real good sense

• The thread ‘Yacht cruises on Lake Lucerne – Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.