Swiss Travel Pass Youth – turning 26 while on trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 17:01:28 #811535

I am traveling to Switzerland for my 26th birthday. I will be there for 12 days but will buy the 15 day consecutive pass. I arrive in Switzerland on my 26th birthday and this will be the first day I use the rail pass. When ordering the ticket if I mark the start date as the day before my 26th birthday (even though this is the day before I arrive in Switzerland) can I still buy the youth pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 18:23:00 #862129

Hi jhg62991 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can buy the pass certainly (see here for where to buy); The rule is one must be under 26 on the first day of the pass.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 20:24:36 #862130

Thanks Lucas! So is it okay if I mark the start date as the day before my birthday even though I won’t actually be using the pass until the next day? I’m not sure if there is some type of validation they do when you board the train to start your pass or ifthe first day of the pass is just the date you indicate when ordering the ticket.

-Jackie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 5:53:04 #862131

Yes you can do that – They don’t validate the ticket. You order the ticket with the starting date you choose and you then get the free travel for the next 15 days from that date.

You are technically “wasting” a day but you have extra days on your ticket compared to how long you are in country so that doesn’t matter. 🙂

Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Youth – turning 26 while on trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.