Zermatt to Lugano: Green pass required?

• tkswiss
    Participant
    1 post
    7 June 2022 at 12:50:06 #827437

Hi, I have a trip planned late September – early October. We will be traveling from Zermatt to Lugano. I understand that we will be switching trains in Italy along the route and that currently masks are required on public transport in Italy. Would we be required to obtain a “green pass” with us simply changing trains in Italy in route to Lugano? Thank you!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2022 at 15:12:56 #942991

Hi tkswiss and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

You can find all COVID related information regarding Switzerland in this thread in the first post: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland. Please have a look. We update it regularly.

Last time I’ve checked, in Italy they were asking for the Green Pass (digitally stored Covid certificate). Sorry, I am not so up to date with the Italian rules, you can look for it here.

In general, if you are traveling via the Centovalli Railway, then you’ll cross the border – they might ask for it in Italy. December is very far, nobody can predict it at the moment.

If you are combining the Glacier Express and the Gotthard Panorama Express in one day (here is how: Gotthard Panorama Express and Glacier Express in one day) – you do not cross the border, you are staying in Switzerland. This might be the safer version.

Ildiko

Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    7 June 2022 at 17:26:57 #942992

Thank you for the link to the Italian rules. Happy to see the “Green Pass” is no longer required as of June 1st.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2022 at 17:52:25 #942993

Good to hear, thank you for the update!

Just one more thing, this page might be useful for you: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/italy

Have a safe trip! 🙂

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Lugano: Green pass required?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11210 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.