About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Zermatt to Lugano: Green pass required?
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Zermatt to Lugano: Green pass required?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
tkswiss
tkswiss
1 post
Jun 7, 2022 - 12:50 PM

Hi, I have a trip planned late September - early October. We will be traveling from Zermatt to Lugano. I understand that we will be switching trains in Italy along the route and that currently masks are required on public transport in Italy. Would we be required to obtain a “green pass” with us simply changing trains in Italy in route to Lugano? Thank you!

Ildiko
Ildiko
2498 posts
top member &
Jun 7, 2022 - 3:12 PM in reply to tkswiss

Hi tkswiss and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

You can find all COVID related information regarding Switzerland in this thread in the first post: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland. Please have a look. We update it regularly.

Last time I've checked, in Italy they were asking for the Green Pass (digitally stored Covid certificate). Sorry, I am not so up to date with the Italian rules, you can look for it here.

In general, if you are traveling via the Centovalli Railway, then you'll cross the border - they might ask for it in Italy. December is very far, nobody can predict it at the moment.

If you are combining the Glacier Express and the Gotthard Panorama Express in one day (here is how: Gotthard Panorama Express and Glacier Express in one day) - you do not cross the border, you are staying in Switzerland. This might be the safer version.

Ildiko

Lastlook
Lastlook
103 posts
Jun 7, 2022 - 5:26 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thank you for the link to the Italian rules. Happy to see the "Green Pass" is no longer required as of June 1st.

Ildiko
Ildiko
2498 posts
top member &
Jun 7, 2022 - 5:52 PM in reply to Lastlook

Good to hear, thank you for the update!

Just one more thing, this page might be useful for you: www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/italy

Have a safe trip! :)

Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022