Best Zermatt to Paris route

Best Zermatt to Paris route

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
LangLM
LangLM
3 posts
Jul 7, 2017 - 12:12 AM

Hello! I will be travelling to Zermatt on October to Paris. May I know which is the best way by train? I have read some recommendation to travel from Zermatt to Geneva and stay one night in Geneva. Then next day travel from Geneva to Paris. Will it be better if I go straight to Paris with out wasting one more night in Geneva? Please advise me. Thank you!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 7, 2017 - 4:29 AM in reply to LangLM

Hi LangLM, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The trip will take 7 to 7.5 hours, so there is no need to overnight in Geneva if you don't want to.

You can use the Swiss Timetable to plan your trip and choose the connections that best suit you.

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

If you need information about tickets to Paris from Switzerland, there is information here to help you:

www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jul 7, 2017 - 4:31 AM by Removed user
LangLM
LangLM
3 posts
Jul 7, 2017 - 5:32 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi Alpenrose!

Thanks for your reply! Which will be the best route you will recommend me to take from Zermatt to Paris? Thanks!!

Arno
Arno
10769 posts
expert &
Jul 7, 2017 - 6:12 AM in reply to LangLM

Hi LangLM,

If you fill out your trip in the timetable Alpenrose suggested you'll get all routes and schedules. Also if you start searching for tickets through myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france/price you will get the quickest trains presented.

Last modified on Jul 7, 2017 - 2:44 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018