Best Zermatt to Paris route

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 0:12:36 #812550

Hello! I will be travelling to Zermatt on October to Paris. May I know which is the best way by train? I have read some recommendation to travel from Zermatt to Geneva and stay one night in Geneva. Then next day travel from Geneva to Paris. Will it be better if I go straight to Paris with out wasting one more night in Geneva? Please advise me. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 4:29:48 #866425

Hi LangLM, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The trip will take 7 to 7.5 hours, so there is no need to overnight in Geneva if you don’t want to.

You can use the Swiss Timetable to plan your trip and choose the connections that best suit you.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

If you need information about tickets to Paris from Switzerland, there is information here to help you:

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 5:32:22 #866426

Hi Alpenrose!

Thanks for your reply! Which will be the best route you will recommend me to take from Zermatt to Paris? Thanks!!

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 July 2017 at 6:12:22 #866427

Hi LangLM,

If you fill out your trip in the timetable Alpenrose suggested you’ll get all routes and schedules. Also if you start searching for tickets through myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france/price you will get the quickest trains presented.

• The thread ‘Best Zermatt to Paris route’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.