How to do Zurich City and Rhine Falls in one day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2016 at 9:52:49 #809938

Dear Team,

I will be arriving at Zurich on September 7 around 11 a.m at hotel near train station. I want to cover Rhine Falls, City Tour and what best i can do in that day. We are 2 Adults and 1 Child (7 Years). Which Zurich train Card to take (9’o clock Pass or Zurich Card) to cover Rhine falls and city tour in most affordable manner. What are the places and time required will be helpful. We shall be leaving from Zurich at around 9 a.m next morning. Is anything to see early morning?

We have Swiss Travel Card from Day 2

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 August 2016 at 12:57:03 #855330

Hello dxbbanker, welcome to MySwissAlps!

A ZVV 9 o’clock day pass includes traveling to Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall (only via Winterthur) and the city of Zurich as well, including the boats as far as Rapperswil. I would start with the Rhine Falls and explore Zurich afterwards. I don’t have suggestions for the next morning. It’s too early for anything else but walking around town I would say.

Please find more information here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2016 at 13:02:06 #855331

Thanks for prompt response.Can you suggest citytour with the pass after 4 p.m. How much time is required for Rhine falls by train as suggested above.Do suggest some places to visit in Zurich and to have boat ride in Zurich Lake and Rhine falls

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 August 2016 at 15:48:45 #855332

Hi dxbbanker,

It takes about an hour to reach the falls from Zurich. How much time you spend there is up to you, you’ll find tips on the page I linked to. The Zurich page I linked to provides plenty of tips of places to visit, boat rides and much more. Please have a look there.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 August 2016 at 8:48:13 #855333

Hi dxbbanker-

If you are jet-lagged when you arrive, you may run out of energy by the time you return to Zürich.

I have never taken a bus tour of Zürich, so I don’t know if you will find one at 4 PM or later.

An alternative is to walk arounf the old town on both sides of the river and along the Bahnhofstrasse. The old city is compact, buses and trams are frequent. The tourist information office (not the train information) which is located in the main station on the main floor can give you maps,and suggest locations to see, and which trams to take.

This map shows everything in the station……;-)

http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam /infrastruktur/trafima ge/bahnhofplaene/plan-zuerich-hb-a4.pdf#?lang=en

Look for location #109, on the right of the map.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2016 at 5:48:14 #855334

Please advise the train and itinerary too be followed to cover Rhine falls from Zurich airport with 9’o clock pass ( i will be free from airport by 10:30 a.m). Please advise what is the ticket price for Rhine falls and time required to cover Rhine falls and back to airport . How to cover falls by boat in lesser time.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 August 2016 at 6:34:51 #855335

Hi dxbbanker,

You’ll find all information on the Rhine Falls page I linked to in my first post. As for the train: just enter from Zurich airport to “Schloss Laufen, Rheinfall” in the timetable and you’ll see the options.

• The thread ‘How to do Zurich City and Rhine Falls in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.