Zurich rail station to Zurich airport distance

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 19:37:52 #816804

What is the distance between the Zurich rail station and the Zurich airport? How best to travel from the rail station to the airport? How much time should I allow between arriving at the Zurich rail station and checking in for an international flight at the Zurich airport? Thanks in advance for any help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 21:23:39 #889032

We just got back from Switzerland a rode the train from Bern to Zurich airport. I remember the Zurich station is the stop prior to the airport and it’s a pretty short distance. Maybe 5-10 minutes?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 6:46:36 #889033

Hi Sando,

You can find schedules and train duration on the Swiss railways timetable here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable – it takes about 10 minutes.

Check-in time for most international flights is 2 hours, 3 in the US I think. Always check with your airline for exact details.

I usually arrive 2-2.5 hours early in general. Zurich airport is not big and very efficient so around 2 hours is often fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 14:41:58 #889034

Thank you for the advice regarding the travel time from the Zurich Airport rail station to the airport itself. Is that a10 minute walk or taxi ride? If by taxi, are they readily available at the rail station?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 23:43:13 #889035

I think you have misunderstood.

The train from Zurich to Zurich Airport takes about 10 minutes, but only if it is a long distance train. There are local S-Bahn trains as well.

The platforms of Zurich airport rail station are underneath the airport terminal, so there is no horizontal distance as such, just the time taken to do a vertical trip up various escalators into the airport terminal area, the it is just like any other world airport – lots more walking …

Some trains from places in Switzerland serve the airport direct, so it depends where you travel from

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 5:58:33 #889036

Yes, sorry the trains take about 10 minutes to maybe 15. Use the timetable for your specific departure date/time. Taxis are quite expensive and take about 20 minutes depending on traffic. You can find them on the train station but they don’t make sense unless you need to be at the airport before 6am or so before trains are running.

• The thread ‘Zurich rail station to Zurich airport distance’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.