Zurich to Bernese Oberland region rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2015 at 12:43:16 #807759

what types of train passes are best to travel from Zurich (for 1 day) to Luzern (for 1 day) , then on to Bernese Oberland region for 8 days? We would like to visit Grindelwald, Interlaken, Kiental, Wengen, Lauterbrunnen & Ballenberg open air museum.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    15 August 2015 at 15:54:29 #845372

Hi kgeerken,

If you will be traveling between late April and October you can consider a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. It does not cover Zurich to Lucerne so you need a regular ticket for that.

How does this option match your plans?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2015 at 1:42:44 #845373

Thank you – this is helpful, I arrive on August 31st. Does the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland include travel from Lucerne to Interlaken? Can I buy a regular ticket from Zurich to Lucerne before I arrive in Switzerland or will it be easy to purchase on the date of travel?

Arno
    15482 posts
    16 August 2015 at 7:57:51 #845374

Yes, it covers Lucerne to Interlaken. To verify: click “Where it’s valid” on the page I gave you, and download the map.

You can buy tickets from Zurich to Lucerne on the spot or online: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/switzerla nd/ price.

Purchase options for the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland are listed here: myswissalps.com/ regionalpassberneseobe rland/ price.

• The thread ‘Zurich to Bernese Oberland region rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.