Zurich to Bernese Oberland region rail pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
kgeerken
kgeerken
4 posts
Aug 15, 2015 - 12:43 PM

what types of train passes are best to travel from Zurich (for 1 day) to Luzern (for 1 day) , then on to Bernese Oberland region for 8 days? We would like to visit Grindelwald, Interlaken, Kiental, Wengen, Lauterbrunnen & Ballenberg open air museum.

Arno
Arno
12143 posts
expert &
Aug 15, 2015 - 3:54 PM

Hi kgeerken,

If you will be traveling between late April and October you can consider a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. It does not cover Zurich to Lucerne so you need a regular ticket for that.

How does this option match your plans?

kgeerken
kgeerken
4 posts
Aug 16, 2015 - 1:42 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you - this is helpful, I arrive on August 31st. Does the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland include travel from Lucerne to Interlaken? Can I buy a regular ticket from Zurich to Lucerne before I arrive in Switzerland or will it be easy to purchase on the date of travel?

Arno
Arno
12143 posts
expert &
Aug 16, 2015 - 7:57 AM

Yes, it covers Lucerne to Interlaken. To verify: click "Where it's valid" on the page I gave you, and download the map.

You can buy tickets from Zurich to Lucerne on the spot or online: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/switzerla nd/ price.

Purchase options for the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland are listed here: myswissalps.com/ regionalpassberneseobe rland/ price.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019