Zurich to Lucerne

• antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    13 February 2012 at 9:48:24 #804939

Dear Sirs,

Pls advise for the following matter:
    1) I shall take flight back to Zurich from Paris ETA 13:00 . Is it enough time to take a train to Lucerne?
    2) Which train station is for Lucerne, the one under the Airport? Or Station HB?
    3) Need to book train ticket advance? Or just go to the station when arrival the airport?

Look forward to your reply soon.
    Thanks.
    Sin K.F.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 February 2012 at 15:17:20 #834937

Hi Sin. Just enter Zurich Airport as your departure station in the timetable and include the preferred time of departure to see your options. You don’t need to book this trip in advance.

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    18 February 2012 at 10:42:38 #834938

Dear Annika,

Just confirm we shall stay in Lucerne for 2 days.
    could you suggest what is the attractions that we must see.
    Thanks.
    Sin

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2012 at 10:03:32 #834939

Hi Sin, There are many attractions in Lucerne – it is the starting point for excursions to Mount Titlis, Pilatus and Rigi if the weather is clear (for Rigi I suggest you take boat across to Vitznau to connect with red train up to Rigi and come down on blue train and catch Regio train back to Lucerne. If you have Swiss Pass the entire trip is free.) If the weather is overcast then a tour of the city itself including covered bridge and city walls is worth doing – you can get leaflet suggesting a route from the railway tourist office. If you like museums the Glacier Museum is an unusual and interesting one – free admission with Swiss Pass – and Lion Monument is close by. The transport Museum (discounted with Swiss Pass) is enormous and there are lots of interactive exhibits to engage with. The tourist office at the railway station has an excellent and comprehensive booklet covering all the attractions so if you pick up one of these as soon as you arrive you can plan your days using that. Enjoy your visit. Maggie

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    19 February 2012 at 10:46:30 #834940

Hi! Maggie,

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Sin

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2012 at 2:03:54 #834941

Hi, we are planning to visit Zurich this may for 5 nights 6 days. We are 3 adults coming from Venice. Can we tour independently? We want to go to Mt Titlis and Jungrau, how can we start our tour? Or from Venice we stayed 2 nights in Lucern before going to Zurich? What do you suggest.

Thanks, Carol

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 February 2012 at 11:35:42 #834942

Hello Carol! Yes, you can easily tour by yourself. The timetable allows you to plan each trip in detail in advance. The Jungfraujoch and Titlis can be reached from Zurich, but if you want to reduce traveling times you can also add other resorts to your itinerary. The best bases for your trips are Interlaken (close to the Jungfraujoch) and Lucerne (close to Mt. Titlis).

By the way, would you mind creating a new topic for your question rather than attaching it to an existing thread? This way, your topic will be noticed more easily by other forum visitors. Thank you :-)!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 6:01:45 #834943

Hi, Thanks for the information. Just want to clarify some matters.
    1. From Interlaken what is the station of the Jungfrau Top of Europe. I can’t to find the station.

2. Should I ride the Interlaken to Luzern train, can it pass thru the Jungfrau Top of Europe.

3. I saw the train timetable with the panoramic train but they are not available only the ordinary train. How can I book the panoramic train to Jungfrau.

Thanks, Carol

* I don’t know how to repost it on different subject matter. Sorry….

• The thread ‘Zurich to Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.