Zurich first or last?… need suggestion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 14:09:50 #815030

Hi All,

Me, my wife and 2 kids will be arriving Zurich in morning, from Dubai for our 7 days Switzerland tour.

Our would-be visiting places are Interlaken 3 night, Lucern 3 nights and Zurich 1 night.

I was planning to go to Interlaken straight from Zurich airport and stay there for 3 nights and then move to Lucern for 3 nights and return back to Zurich for a day and night stay. And then proceed to Paris next day.

OR

Shall I stay in Zurich for 1 night, 2 days and Visit chocolate factory, cheese factory. Rhine falls, City tour. and then move to Interlaken and Lucerne? and Proceed to Paris from Lucern by train?

Please suggest

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 20:42:49 #880284

Hi Prashant74,

If you are primarily interested in the mountains I would go straight to Interlaken. How interested are you in the cheese and chocolate factory visits near Zurich?

Heading to Paris from Lucerne is the same as going from Zurich (both ways you go via Basel) so no difference there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 0:05:02 #880285

If you are interested in indian food then staying near interlaken west is the best option. there are convenient trains to many beautiful place from interlaken west.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 6:48:11 #880286

Thank you, Lucas and Tejinder,

My kids want to see chocolate and cheese factory, can you suggest any name nearby Zurich?

Yea, any suggestions for a budget hotel in Interlaken?

Thank you and kind regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 8:34:50 #880287

I have already stayed in central continental two years ago and going to stay there this time also. its location is wonderful and it is reasonably priced

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 9:22:15 #880288

Hi Prashant74,

There an’t many options for either in Zurich but a few close by like Lindt & Sprüngli in Kilchberg.

The closest cheese factories would in the Appenzell region I think. There are tours (see here) if you prefer.

• The thread ‘Zurich first or last?… need suggestion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.