Zurich first or last?... need suggestion

Zurich first or last?... need suggestion

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Prashant74
Prashant74
15 posts
Mar 29, 2018 - 2:09 PM

Hi All,

Me, my wife and 2 kids will be arriving Zurich in morning, from Dubai for our 7 days Switzerland tour.

Our would-be visiting places are Interlaken 3 night, Lucern 3 nights and Zurich 1 night.

I was planning to go to Interlaken straight from Zurich airport and stay there for 3 nights and then move to Lucern for 3 nights and return back to Zurich for a day and night stay. And then proceed to Paris next day.

OR

Shall I stay in Zurich for 1 night, 2 days and Visit chocolate factory, cheese factory. Rhine falls, City tour. and then move to Interlaken and Lucerne? and Proceed to Paris from Lucern by train?

Please suggest

Thank you

Lucas
Lucas
5628 posts
expert &
Mar 29, 2018 - 8:42 PM in reply to Prashant74

Hi Prashant74,

If you are primarily interested in the mountains I would go straight to Interlaken. How interested are you in the cheese and chocolate factory visits near Zurich?

Heading to Paris from Lucerne is the same as going from Zurich (both ways you go via Basel) so no difference there.

Last modified on Mar 30, 2018 - 7:26 AM by Arno
tejinderbedi
tejinderbedi
16 posts
Apr 4, 2018 - 12:05 AM in reply to Prashant74

If you are interested in indian food then staying near interlaken west is the best option. there are convenient trains to many beautiful place from interlaken west.

Prashant74
Prashant74
15 posts
Apr 4, 2018 - 6:48 AM in reply to tejinderbedi

Thank you, Lucas and Tejinder,

My kids want to see chocolate and cheese factory, can you suggest any name nearby Zurich?

Yea, any suggestions for a budget hotel in Interlaken?

Thank you and kind regards

tejinderbedi
tejinderbedi
16 posts
Apr 4, 2018 - 8:34 AM in reply to Prashant74

I have already stayed in central continental two years ago and going to stay there this time also. its location is wonderful and it is reasonably priced

Lucas
Lucas
5628 posts
expert &
Apr 4, 2018 - 9:22 AM in reply to Prashant74

Hi Prashant74,

There an't many options for either in Zurich but a few close by like Lindt & Sprüngli in Kilchberg.

The closest cheese factories would in the Appenzell region I think. There are tours (see here) if you prefer.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018