How to get there & route details
How to travel to Lausanne, and walking route details.
How to get there and back
Lausanne can best be reached by train. The route starts at the train station. We don't recommend to drive, please see here.
You can best check the map on this page for details, but here's a description as well:
- Leave the station and cross the street into the Rue du Petit-Chêne.
- Walk uphill until you reach the Place Saint-François. Cross the street to the square, walk along the left side of the church into the Rue du Bourg.
- Turn left into the Rue Cheneau-de-Bourg, cross the street and walk up the stairs to the Rue Pierre-Viret.
- Pass the cathedral on its left and continue to the l'Ancien Régime (Old Academy).
- Walk back to the viewing point next to the cathedral, and take the stairs down to the Rue Pierre-Viret. Cross the street and take the "market stairs" down (Escaliers du Marché).
- At the Place de la Palud, turn right. Turn right again into the Rue Madeleine until you reach the Palais de Rumine.
- You'll reach the Place Marc-Louis-Arlaud by walking through the metro station. Turn left to get back to the Place de la Palud.
- Walk down into the Rue du Pont, turn right into the Rue Centrale, then left uphill into the Rue Pépinet.
- Cross the street into the Rue du Petit-Chêne and walk back down to the train station.
Download the coordinates here (KML file)