We value your and our privacy. We may store your data in case you create an account with us, contact us, or provide data to us in any other way. We will not sell your data or abuse it. We will not share your data with other parties, but exceptions may apply when:
- you explicitly contact another party via us (e.g. submit a request for a custom made holiday package). Your data will be shared with the other party so that they can contact you;
- you contact us about an issue with one of our partners. In such an event, we may need to forward your data to our partner, for example if your purchased a product from our partner and have a question about your order;
- we do not use social media tracking technologies to track your visits to other websites.
We can best help you to prepare for your holidays if you create an account with us. A limited set of data will be stored in your account. This excludes payment and bank data, for example, as we do not sell anything. Your country of residence will be stored as that's useful to answer your questions and show you relevant information on our pages, e.g. about local travel agencies. We store your e-mail address to keep you informed about Switzerland (only on request) and to get in touch if needed.
Your data may be stored in one or more places. For example: your account data is stored in the database on the web server of our hosting provider. E-mail is stored on the servers of our e-mail provider, but not on our local computers. Data is also stored in backups. The companies we work with comply to the GDPR or the EU-US Privacy Shield certification.
We take the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seriously. We have taken precautions to store your data in as few places as possible, and we do so as safely as possible. We have firewalls, virus scanners and SSL connections in place to protect your data. We delete submitted form data when we no longer need it.
There are several things you can do yourself to protect your data: you can access and change the data in your account through your account page, or even delete your account. We recommend you to pick a password someone else can't guess, and to log off when you are done on our website.
User account data
If you create an account with us, we will store this personal data:
- E-mail address;
- Salutation, first name, last name (1);
- Address (1);
- Country of residence;
- Nickname (2);
- Avatar picture (1)(2);
- "About me" text (1)(2);
- Link to your website (1)(2).
1) Optional data
2) This will be shown publicly on your profile page and/or in the forum
We do not send you any e-mail unless you are interested in our messages. Details can be found here.