May 26, 2012 - 6:44 PM
Me and my wife will be traveling to Rome, Florence, Venice, Swiss, and Paris in July.
We will arrive from Venice to Zurich by Bernina Express (Tirano-Chur).
Planning to spend whole 10 days in Swiss before going to Paris.
Following is the tentative itinerary:
- Zurich (2 days) - sight seeing Zurich and Heidiland
- Lucerne (2 days) - sight seeing Lucerne and Mt.Titlus
- Interlaken (3 days) - sight seeing Interlaken, Jungfrau, Schilthorn, Murren, wengen, Gimmelwald, etc.
- Zermatt (2 days) - Matterhorn, Cornegrat
- Montreux (1 day) - Chateau de Chillon
Leaving to Paris from Montreux and planning to spend 3 days in Paris.
I'm confused on which pass would provide most savings?
Should I go with Swiss saver pass (or) Half fare card (or) Flexi pass?
Is it a good idea to buy Eurail France-Switzerland Pass? How is the coverage compared to the Swiss Saver/Half Fare/Flexi
Looks like only 1st class is available with the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass.
Would you suggest additional places that I have missed in the above itinerary? Any short excursion around?
Does the above itinerary doable? Would it be too hectic?