Booking Golden Pass train with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2017 at 4:24:44 #811990

Dear All

I am lost with the booking for Golden Pass Train. Please Help. I have Swiss Travel Pass for Family.

See I am getting this info on http://www.raileurope.com/en/ us.

7:00AM
    Lucerne

9:10AM
    Lausanne

2hr10min

Train 2510

TRANSFER: 26 mins

9:36AM
    Lausanne

10:02AM
    Montreux

0hr26min

Train 12325

Whereas the Route on Swiss Alps is Via Interlaken via Zweisimmen.

a. Which Route is Correct?

b. reservations.mob.ch , on this website i am not getting return train.

c. What about the reservations?

Please Let me know what i have to do? I want to take Golden pass Train From Lucerne to Montreux in the morning at around 7-9 Am and Montreux to Lucerne in the eve same day.

Thanks

Ankur

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    27 May 2017 at 15:58:00 #864007

Hi Ankur,

a. If you want to travel by Golden Pass, you need to travel via Interlaken and Zweisimmen as explained at myswissalps.com/golden pass/gettingthere. The route you’ve mentioned here via Lausanne is the quicker option that’s displayed by default by most timetables, but it’s not the Golden Pass route.

b. I’m not sure why you can’t see a return train on that website. Did you try a whole new search for your train back? As suggested in your other topic, you can also travel back via Lausanne/Bern. No reservations are required at all for this route. You can just hop on with your Swiss Travel Pass.

c. As explained in your previous topic, you don’t need reservations for the Golden Pass at all. Your Swiss Travel Pass is sufficient to just board and go. This goes for both the Golden Pass route as well as the alternative via Lausanne/Bern. The only section where reservations are recommended (but not even required) is Zweisimmen-Montreux. If you’re looking for reservations at either website, please make sure this is the exact leg you’re entering, not the whole stretch from Lucerne to Montreux. And did you try Happyrail, as listed at our Golden Pass seat reservation page?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2017 at 9:36:43 #864008

Ok Thanks Annika

Just one more info can i make reservation for Golden Pass Train from Zweisimmen and Montreux at Lucerne Station Also physically or it can be done online only?

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2017 at 11:32:36 #864009

Yes, you can make reservations at any Swiss rail station office if you want to wait until you are there, though it is possible it could be full.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Booking Golden Pass train with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.