Train information

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2013 at 21:15:17 #805797

Hi
    I am traveling in May 2013 with my husband and two kids . One 6 and the other 11. I want to travel from Paris / Lucerne /Salzburg/ Vienna. Total number of days are 8. Can you guide me which is the best money saver pass for us ? How can I get it? Pass should also help me save my traveling time.

Thanks

Sonal

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 February 2013 at 3:42:06 #838076

Hi Sonal,

Where are you from, and will you mainly be traveling by train or do you also plan to use mountain transport (cable cars, etc.) a lot?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2013 at 7:03:18 #838077

Hi Arno

I am from India. I am traveling from New Delhi India to Paris on 15 may 2013 . After staying in Paris for 5 days we plan to go to Lucerne Switzerland then to Salzburg and Vienna. Total number of days are 12-13.

No we are just traveling by train. Kindly guide me how to get best rates for train ticket in May. From when are the deals for May available.

Thanks

Sonal

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2013 at 13:22:04 #838078

I will be travelling to Zurich on 26th April and leaving from there on 30 th April..we will be a family of 4 people.. We would like to see as many places as possible…

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 February 2013 at 13:51:22 #838079

Hi Sonal,

The Eurail Austria – Switzerland Pass could be a good fit to your plans. It allows free and unlimited traveling in Switzerland and Austria for 4 to 10 days within 2 months. You’ll be flexible and you save time as you don’t need to purchase tickets for each trip. You can just board about any train you like, and it also includes free boat trips (e.g. from Lucerne). If you change your mind about mountain transport, you do get a discount with this pass on some cable cars. I would recommend to do at least one such trip while in Switzerland. You can get the pass here from your local reseller. Passes for the children are half the price. All details and resellers can be found here. Additionally you would need tickets from Paris to Switzerland, which can be relatively cheap if you book well in advance here. A Paris Pass is worth to look into as well. You can order it along from the same website here. Be sure to look into the promo codes before ordering, as explained in the rail forum.

Ultimately, you need to know about the exact trips you’ll be making, including day trips, to pick the cheapest rail pass. Passes including a few days of unlimited traveling, such as the suggested one, are usually a good choice if you want to be flexible and don’t know each and every detail in advance.

Hotels at walking distance of the Lucerne rail station can be found here.

I hope this helps you out!

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 February 2013 at 13:54:05 #838080

Hello ramya,

Can you please open a new topic for your questions, explained in the forum rules? Also it helps if you provide a bit more details: where are you from, what are your interests, what is your question? Thanks!
    [quote]ramya said: I will be travelling to Zurich on 26th April and leaving from there on 30 th April..we will be a family of 4 people.. We would like to see as many places as possible…[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2013 at 22:22:34 #838081

Hi Amo,

Thanks so much for the guidance . You were a great help in deciding about our trip.

Regards

Sonal

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2013 at 9:59:31 #838082

hello,
    i m from india, will reach zurich on 6th june, fly out on 17th june. we are 2 couples in 50+, we want to see the most yet we dont want to spend lotsa time travelling, we will b in interlaken for 1 week, and zurich for 4 days, when in interlaken we plan to go to scyhnige platte, jungfrau, berne, montreux n vevey, tummelbachfalls, schilthorn, Ebike tour of interlaken, harderkulm, when in zurich we plan to do the rhine falls, mt titlis, lucerne, n the cheese n choclate factory tour. i have been to switzerland before, however how do i go about booking the choclate n cheese factory booking…..can some one help me…….please suggest any addition or ommission if any,…i will b taking the swiss super saver pass for 15 days……

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 February 2013 at 10:08:47 #838083

Hello nikita123,

Can you please open a new topic for your questions, as explained in the forum rules? Thanks!

[quote]nikita123 said: hello,
    i m from india, will reach zurich on 6th june, fly out on 17th june. we are 2 couples in 50+, we want to see the most yet we dont want to spend lotsa time travelling, we will b in interlaken for 1 week, and zurich for 4 days, when in interlaken we plan to go to scyhnige platte, jungfrau, berne, montreux n vevey, tummelbachfalls, schilthorn, Ebike tour of interlaken, harderkulm, when in zurich we plan to do the rhine falls, mt titlis, lucerne, n the cheese n choclate factory tour. i have been to switzerland before, however how do i go about booking the choclate n cheese factory booking…..can some one help me…….please suggest any addition or ommission if any,…i will b taking the swiss super saver pass for 15 days……[/quote]

• The thread ‘Train information’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.