Travel Pass Help - Zurich to Jungfrau Region

Travel Pass Help - Zurich to Jungfrau Region

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
BrianMc
BrianMc
7 posts
May 6, 2015 - 4:22 AM

Hi Arno & Annika,

I will be traveling from Zurich to Grindelwald on July 10 and will then be hiking hut-to-hut and staying my last night at Obersteinberg Inn and ultimately leaving from Murren. I will finish up in Murren on either July 13 or 14 (haven't decided yet) and will then travel back to Zurich for my flight on the morning of July 15.

There will probably be some instances where I use mountain transport while hiking, and if I return to Zurich on July 13, I might use public transportation within the city to explore the area.

Can you suggest the best travel option pass for this itinerary?

Thanks for all your help!

Brian

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
May 6, 2015 - 1:00 PM

Hi Brian,

There are two options:

1. Swiss Transfer Ticket
  2. Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi

Option 1 includes the rides to Grindelwald and back from Mürren. Option 2 is the same thing, but also includes discounts on cable cars.

Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstransferticket/price for prices and further information.

Public transportation in Zurich is not included. You can easily walk in the town center. Or get a ticket for an occasional tram ride. If you plan to travel a lot and visit museums, a ZurichCARD may come in handy.

BrianMc
BrianMc
7 posts
May 7, 2015 - 3:06 AM in reply to Arno
Thank you for the help, Arno!
GFire
GFire
2 posts
May 8, 2015 - 7:16 PM in reply to Arno
HI I was wondering if you know what type of pass would be best for me
Traveling from Zurich>Lucerne>Wengen. We will stay in Wengen but want to do hiking/trips to Jungfrau, Interlaken, Murren, Grindelwald etc
And so I believe these are regional/more local trains

And the last day back to Zurich to get the plane home.

I am having trouble figuring out the type of pass to get, and where (now online? where? or IN Switzerland?)

Thanks for your help!
Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
May 9, 2015 - 8:26 AM

Hi GFire,

The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi I mentioned above is a good option for you as well. The transfer to Wengen and back to Zurich is included. Further local trips are 50% discounted. Please find the details, purchase options, etc. on myswissalps.com/ swisstransferticket.

Buying online is cheaper and more convenient (click to the Price section on the mentioned page, and select the Combi pass, to see all details). This particular pass is not for sale in Switzerland anyway. In your case (the US), you can best get it from either raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-transfer-ticket-with-half-fare-card-combi/index.html or raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-transfer-ticket-half-fare.

Alternatively, there are regional passes. It depends on your exact day trips, and how long you stay, whether they are a better option. You can do the math in detail if you wish.

Enjoy the Jungfrau region!

Last modified on May 9, 2015 - 8:31 AM by Arno
GFire
GFire
2 posts
May 11, 2015 - 12:16 PM in reply to Arno
Thanks!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016