Which train have to go at the ski slopes in Zermat

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2012 at 0:22:07 #805534

I’m going to Zermatt in December. I will arrive in Geneva, want to take the train to Zermatt, and return to Geneva 2 weeks later. I’m confused on which Swiss train pass to buy, since I want to ski, do any of the Swiss train passes include the trip from Zermatt to the three ski areas?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 August 2012 at 6:20:43 #836935

Hi silva65,

A Swiss Card would include a free transfer from Geneva airport to Zermatt and return, plus a 50% discount on trips from Zermatt to Gornergrat, Furi/Klein Matterhorn/Schwarzsee and Sunnegga. A validity map can be downloaded from the page I linked to. You’re probably better off with a local ski pass though. In that case, a Swiss Transfer Ticket is the best option to get to Zermatt and back.

• The thread ‘Which train have to go at the ski slopes in Zermat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.