Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland
The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland allows unlimited travelling by train, bus, boat, gondola, funicular and mountain train in the region Bernese Oberland. In many cases, this ticket is the most economical solution for people who frequently use gondolas and make longer regional train and bus trips. The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is valid for about all buses, but on some special routes, a surcharge (Alpine Ticket for e.g. Kiental - Griesalp and Blatten - Faffleralp) or a seat reservation is required.
View other regional Swiss rail passes
Features of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland
- available from May to October;
- valid for 4, 6 or 8 consecutive days;
- free unlimited travelling by train, bus, boat (Lake Thun and Lake Brienz), and many mountain trains and gondolas, within the region Bern - Lucerne - Brig - Gstaad. See Network of the Regional-Pass Berner Oberland;
- 50% discount on trips to the Jungfraujoch, the Schilthorn, Glacier3000 and the Titlis;
- with the Junior travelcard, children, stepchildren and foster children from 6 up to and including 15 years old travel for free if accompanied by at least one of their parents;
- a 50% discount applies on a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland for other children (non-family) from 6 up to and including 15 years old;
- children up to and including 5 years old (family and non-family) travel for free if accompanied by an adult, unless you want to reserve seats for them. This applies to a maximum of 4 children per adult;
- a 25% discount applies on the regular price of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland if you posses a Swiss (Flexi/Saver) Pass, Swiss Card or Swiss Half Fare Card at the time of traveling;
- a 50% discount applies when purchasing a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland for your dog.
Not included in the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland
- seat reservations and surcharges;
- free travelling on some sections, as listed above and on the network map. However, you are entitled to receive a discount there.
Please note that services not listed above are not necessarily included in the pass. If you need any services that are not included in the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, please review the alternative rail passes.
Is the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland not exactly what you are looking for? The following rail passes might fit your needs:
- Swiss Pass: if you frequently want to use trains and buses on somewhat longer distances, a Swiss Pass (free travel throughout Switzerland) may be cheaper;
- Swiss Half Fare Card: if you just need discounted travel (valid throughout Switzerland), without a couple of days of unlimited travel;
- Swiss Card: if you just need discounted travel (valid throughout Switzerland), plus a transfer from the airport or Swiss border to your resort and back;
- View all Swiss rail passes.
How to purchase a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland
- Prices and purchase options for the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland can be found in the upper right corner of this page.
More about the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland
Where to buy your Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland