27 days and 26 nights in September (Switzerland)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2013 at 20:54:49 #805900

Hi, everybody!

It’s my second time on a forum, and I’m very excited because it’s about Switzerland!!!

I’m a brazilian doctor in love with Switzerland since childhood. In September I’m going to realize the dream of visit Switzerland (my first international trip)!

Then, I’d like to get any advices and suggestions to make this trip perfect!

IMPORTANT: I’ve decided to buy the SwissPass, and opted for hostels (because the prices!!!)

I love cooking, I love cheese, chocolate and fruits (berries).

I want to participate of an Alpabzüge during my trip!

The trip will be divided into 2 times: the first with a friend (3nd to 16th) and the second with another friend (16th to 28th).

I already planned the first part of the journey:

Day 1 – Arrive in Zurich airport in the afternoon. Stay in Zurich.

Day 2 – The whole day to explore Zurich. Leave Zurich to Schaffhausen and stay in Schaffhausen for 1 night.

Day 3 – Morning to explore Schaffhausen. Leave Schaffhausen to Saint Gallen (by boat). Noon to explore Saint Gallen and stay in Saint Gallen for 1 night.

Day 4 – Leave Saint Gallen to Vaduz. The whole day to explore Vaduz. Leave Vaduz to Davos in the afternoon and stay in Davos for 1 night.

Day 5 – Leave Davos to Saint Moritz and stay in Saint Moritz for 2 nights.

Day 6 – Saint Moritz

Day 7 – Leave Saint Moritz to Zermatt (Glacier Express), and stay in Zermatt for 2 nights.

Day 8 – Zermatt

Day 9 – Leave Zermatt to Bern (in the morning) and stay in Bern for 2 nights.

Day 10 – Bern

Day 11 – Leave Bern to Interlaken and stay in Interlaken for 1 night.

Day 12 – Leave Interlaken to Gimmewald and stay in Gimmewald for 1 night.

Day 13 – Leave Gimmewald to Grindelwald and stay in Grindelwald for 1 night.

Day 14 – Grindelwald and region. In the afternoon, my friend will leave to Zurich.

All suggestions and advices are very welcome!!!

I need to decide about the second part of the trip (Day 15 to day 27), and I want to include: the canton of Wallis (Rhone valley, maybe Brig), Montreux, Vevey (and the Lavaux vineyards), Genève, Lausanne (?), Gruyères, Lucerne and the canton of Ticino (Lugano, Locarno and Ascona).

My return date to Brazil is Setember 28th, from Zurich airport.

By now, thank you for your attention. I will be eagerly waiting for your answers!

Best Regards.

• Arno
    15484 posts
    16 April 2013 at 5:46:54 #838349

Hi marcosguisilva,

It’s great that you have nearly a month to see the Swiss Alps! Your itinarary looks like it’s well thought through. I would personally not switch hotels so many times in the Bernese Oberland, as checking in and out takes time one can also spend sightseeing. Interlaken, Grindelwald and Gimmelwald are quite close together. You can easily explore the region from one base. From Interlaken, even Bern can be reached quickly for a day trip. These pages with hotels near the rail stations may help:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/interlaken/hotels
    http://www.myswissalps.com/bern/hotels

A list of Alpine festivals can be found here.

A tip for the second part of your stay is to consider to stay in the car free village of Bettmeralp or Riederalp in Wallis. These villages are high up in the mountains and you can walk to the Aletsch Glacier from there.

Please browse the website for many tips on day trips and hiking (don’t forget to do some hiking!)

All Swiss Pass information can be found here. Select Brazil and the 1-month Swiss Pass to see purchase options.

Hotels near Zurich Airport, which may be convenient after late arrival or before early departure, can be found here.

• The thread ‘27 days and 26 nights in September (Switzerland)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11150 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.