Concern about Happyrail purchase

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2018 at 14:16:00 #815527

Hello!

having a bit of concern regarding our purchase of 4 day Swiss Passes through HappyRail.com. Bought them almost a month ago and they arrived. The issue is, I was charged for delivery although they were emailed tickets. Also, I mistakenly (idiotically!) bought adult passes thinking my children, 20 and 24, were considered adults. A HappyRail employee was nice enough to notice my error and state that the difference would be refunded along with the erroneous delivery charge.

Neither refund has been credited back or received despite many polite communications on my part.

Any suggestions? It isn’t that much money, around 75 dollars, but obviously that’s money we’d rather spend on the trip!

thanks for any help!

• Arno
    15484 posts
    25 April 2018 at 14:51:08 #883222

Hi Luna789,

I’m sorry to hear that! Indeed your children are entitled for cheaper Youth Passes. Happyrail is trustworthy company, so I assume something went wrong here unintentionally. Can you share your order number here? That should be enough for me to ask them to get back to you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 16:46:10 #883223

Arno, thank you for the offer to intervene. I appreciate it! HappyRail refunded the shipping fee just yesterday and now will hopefully follow through with the other refund. If it’s ok I will ask for your help again if they don’t send the remaining 70 CHF refund in a few days.

thanks again and

Happy Spring!!

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 April 2018 at 18:48:26 #883224

I’m glad to hear that Luna. Thanks for the update!

• The thread ‘Concern about Happyrail purchase’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.