Thun, Schilthorn, Lucerne, Titlis early May with 6 year old

• barwhome
    Participant
    2 posts
    19 April 2024 at 18:17:56 #1433817

Hello, first of all thanks for the excellent and free resources, guidelines and tips. Whether the articles or forums. You made the planning not only easier but also enjoyable!

I have tentatively locked down my itenerary and wanted to share it with you for validation and last minute tips.

Though few data points first:

1. 2 adults and a 6 years old
    2. not interested in Skiing but would want to go up a glacier for some snow fun
    3. would like to do some walks (wouldn’t call them hikes)
    4. traveling from/to Zurich
    5. budget: mid-range
    6. Will buy 2 Half Fare Card + Swiss Family Card

Tentative logistics:

Thun: 2 nights – BOOKED
    Thu: land in Zurich at noon, head to Thun for checkin then maybe have dinner in Bern as it’s a short train ride.
    Fri: Schilthorn brunch, then Ropes Park Interlaken. The latter could be tight, so might skip it and find something fun for the little one in Lucerne.
    Sat: Maybe boat through Lake Thun to Interlaken then take the panoramic Interlaken-Luzern Express
    Lucerne: 2 nights – BOOKED
    Sat: around the town
    Sun: Titlis Snow Park (emailed then and Sun is their last operating day 🙂 )
    Mon: Lake or town and head to airport around noon

Questions:
    1. any concerns about any of the above?
    2. any “alternative” plans in case of extreme weather, especially on Fri and Sun? I will check webcams and forecast the day before and early morning
    3. doesn’t seem I will need any other passes, and will keep an eye on supersaver tickets. Unforetunaly, I couldn’t lock down the trip far enough to get Saver Day Pass at 29 and it’s too expensive now to make it worth buying. Sounds reasonable?

Thanks!

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11160 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.