Glacier Express reservations made: which ticket?

• Penelope
    Participant
    3 posts
    20 October 2022 at 19:33:52 #828539

Hi there I have already reserved two places in Excellence Class on January 19th 2023 getting on in Chur and ending in Zermatt. My question is do I now have to buy a ticket or just reserve a ticket in First Class for the same date? I see online that reservations for first class on that day getting on in Chur to Zermatt are already booking up. I am confused as to whether I need to wait until 60 days out and just buy a first class train ticket or am I supposed to reserve a first class ticket also right now? I am worried if I wait to book 60 days before for the first class tickets that there will be none left and I was told I have to purchase first class tickets in order to use it with my already reserved Excellence class seats. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. I am confused!!

Best,

Penny

• The thread ‘Glacier Express reservations made: which ticket?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11190 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.