GoldenPass to Montreux w/Berner Oberland Pass

• fionatravel
    Participant
    88 posts
    5 October 2023 at 19:13:23 #830869

Hi, I am leaving tomorrow from interlaken ~> montreux via golden pass and I looked at the ticket and found there are Two seats open but they are not together so my questions are :

1. Can I board the golden pass train if there are no seats available? I don’t really care about care about the view

After having been here for about 10 days but I do like the PE train no change station as I have luggages! so I don’t mind sitting on the floor if I have to 😝

2. I have BO pass and 1/2 fare card , so I was going purchase our ticket from saanen ~~> montreux but pay reservation from interlaken to montruex! But upon buying ticket there is no Saanen only Gstadd ?

please help to see if my above understanding is correct ? And how do I buy the Section out of BO region to montreux?

thanks

• Yolanda
    2469 posts
    5 October 2023 at 20:38:22 #958716

Hi fionatravel,

Hope your trip has been going well.

In answer to your questions.

1. Standing is not allowed on the GoldenPass Express train carriages, where seating has been reserved. If you board here, you may be asked to move to a carriage where seating has not been allocated for reservations.

2. As you have the Berner Oberland Pass, that’s correct, traveling from Interlaken to Montreux, you will only need a ticket from Saanen to Montreux. I just did a quick search and there was the option to purchase a ticket from Saanen to Montreux. Purchase options in the attached link:

Here’s the link to the Berner Oberland Pass, you’ll see all travel is covered to Saanen.

Your ticket from Saanen to Montreux is discounted with the Berner Oberland Pass.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘GoldenPass to Montreux w/Berner Oberland Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11330 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.