Half day Lugano, Monte Brè, boat, San Salvatore

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2019 at 20:58:29 #823063

I will travel from Morteratsch to Lugano August 27 , arriving 10:50. I will stay in Hotel&Hostel Montarina near Lugano station.Please comment on my proposed itinerary:

– 12:00pm Take bus and funicular to Monte Brè (30min; RT CHF 25) 1hr

Fares and timetable:

http://www.montebre.ch/docume nts/view/5c050e75-d3c0-4037-a1c8-1adc4d74683c

– 2:00pm take bus from Bre, Paese to Gandria (quickest way is bus via Castagnola 41min) walk along Oliver trail? to Gandria. 30min

– 3:35pm Take Ferry at Gandria [Ferry: 3:35pm] to Paradiso (30min; free for STP)

– 4:15pm Walk (5min) to Funicular station (every 30min; RT CHF 30) and up to Monte San Salvatore (12min) 1-1.5hr

Timetable and fares:

http://www.montesansalvatore. ch/en/timetable-and-fares/

– 6:00pm down from Monte San Salvatore, take bus and walk along Lake Lugano to Parco Civico/Ciani (16min)

Questions:

1. However, from the Monte Bre timetable , it seems the funicular only runs in the early morning 7:00-7:45 from Cassarate to Suvigliana and 9:05-10:35 from Suvigliana to Monte Bre. Do I read correct? How much time should I allocate at Monte Bre? Is 1hr too much for just for the view and photos? no hike.

2. Between Monte Bre and Monte San Sulvatore, which one should I visit due to time constraint? Monte San Salvatore based on the photos and trip reports.

3. Is Gandria worthwhile to visit? If not, which other port for a boat ride on Lake Lugano?

4. When is better time, afternoon or late afternoon, or early evening, to go to Monte San Salvatore?

5. Other points of interest that I should go?

Thanks.

• The thread ‘Half day Lugano, Monte Brè, boat, San Salvatore’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11150 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.