Hotel in Wengen for special occasion

• pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    18 July 2019 at 13:42:39 #822920

We are coming at the end of August and quite a while ago we decided on Wengen (due mainly to all the great recommendations found here)

Currently we have Hotel Caprice booked (some renovations done at the end of last year) and as usual, I’m second guessing my selection (especially after seeing some comments on Park Hotel Schoenegg) and wondering if there might be a better property to stay at? It’s a special occasion trip so cost isn’t to much of a factor.

I know at this late date it may not be possible to book another hotel as it may be full but I thought I’d seek more opinions on places to stay.

Thanks!

• Mark
    Participant
    805 posts
    19 July 2019 at 10:48:39 #918136

Hi pkerr

I suspect you will find the regular forum contributors each has their own “favorite” hotel in Wengen. Mine is the Beausite Park Hotel which is the top rated hotel in Wengen on TripAdvisor.com (you have to change the filter on the website from “best deals” to “highest rated”). Also I would highly recommend the half board. Everyone we have taken to the Hotel have raved about it.

Mark

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    19 July 2019 at 13:02:23 #918137

Hi pkerr,

We normally stay in the Silberhorn because of the standard of accommodation, views of the Lauterbrunnen Valley from the rooms and its position close to the railway station and cable car station.

We have eaten at the Beausite Park Hotel once and know it has wonderful views of the Jungfrau. We have never considered staying there because we were put off by the long steep walk from the railway station, something we would not want to tackle after a long day out.

Does anyone know if the Beausite Park provides a regular shuttle service for its guests from the centre of the village and station?

Jane

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 July 2019 at 13:59:55 #918138

Hi Jane,

I’m not aware of daily frequent shuttles. They do pick your up from the station on arrival and take your back there when departing. The walk from the station to the Beausite is 10 minutes, uphill as you said.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    19 July 2019 at 16:01:51 #918139

Thank you, Arno

Jane

Mark
    Participant
    805 posts
    19 July 2019 at 23:06:50 #918140

Arno is correct,it is about a 10 minute walk from the train station to the Beausite Park. After hiking for 6 or more hours I haven’t found another 10 minutes to be so bad. Actually i think the walk is rather pleasant. It is about a 5 minute walk to the cable car to Mannlichen. Mark

• The thread ‘Hotel in Wengen for special occasion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.