Milan to Chur train route and rail passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 23:14:32 #816531

Hi – please can someone help me with the best way to do this. We fly into Milan on 21st June and will get the train into Milan from the airport and then stay 2 nights in Milan. I would like to spend a whole day at Lake Como – taking in Belagio. We plan to do this by train. The next day we plan to take the Train from Milan to Tirano and then the Bernina Express to Chur where we are booked in to stay 1 night.

We are from the UK and are both aged 65 so classed as seniors!

My questions are – is it beneficial to buy a pass in Italy for the Italian travel?

Also, when can I start using the Swiss pass – can I use it from Tirano for the Bernina train en route to Chur

We plan to buy Swiss Passes as we will go from Chur to Lucerne and Lucerne to Zurich taking in the Rhinefalls.

I welcome any help you might be able to give me and thank you in advance.

• The thread ‘Milan to Chur train route and rail passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11200 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.