Munich to Lucerne, Interlaken and Zurich in 3 days in July

• Antman
    Participant
    1 post
    6 May 2024 at 1:22:01 #1497284

Hi,

We are from the US, and will be traveling to Switzerland from Munich in July. If I have 3 days, what would be your guidance? My tentative plan is as below:

Day-1 : Start from Munich early morning (6:54 AM train) to Zurich and Zurich to Lucerne – Arrive in Lucerne around 12 or 12:30 PM.

Drop luggage, go to Mt-Pilatus in the afternoon. Stay overnight in Lucerne

Day -2 : Start from Lucerne to Interlaken (golden pass scenic route) ; Drop baggage and visit places like Harder Kulm; Lake Brienz boat ride ; Check-in at Interlaken

Day-3 : Check out of Interlaken hotel and drop baggage at hotel ; Early morning visit to Jungfraujoch ; Return by 3 PM and head to Zurich ; Check-in at Zurich hotel

Day-4 : Fly back to the US

Is this an appropriate plan? I am concerned about day-1 and 3 and wonder if it is too tight. Should I skip Lucerne and head to Interlaken directly? Appreciate your feedback

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11390 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.