One day travel pass for US citizens

  • Removed user
    52349 posts
    16 November 2016 at 22:56:24 #810360

    Is it possible to get a one day travel pass with a half fare card if you are from the USA? I would like to purchase the 6 pack option, but not sure that I qualify to do so.

  • Arno
    15042 posts
    17 November 2016 at 6:59:44 #857108

    Hi Tammy,

    Sure, you can buy the 1-day travelpasses. Nationality does not matter. You can buy the Swiss Half Fare Card from any of the websites listed here (it’s easiest to print it yourself through en), and the 6 pack from any station in Switzerland from the machines (or the staffed desk if you like).

    However, you would have to travel a whole lot to make it worth it. Buying discounted tickets is often much cheaper. Even an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass is cheaper than the option you are considering, and it includes free entrance to museums too.

    Removed user
    52349 posts
    17 November 2016 at 16:11:20 #857109

    Thank you for your thoughtful answer. It was very helpful.

  • The thread ‘One day travel pass for US citizens’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

  • Join our 9590 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Don’t miss our tips and new promotions

Subscribe to our newsletter. You’ll receive practical tips and be alerted when there are new promotions.