Chur, Zermatt, Interlaken, Lucerne – activities, halal restaurants

• Harris
    Participant
    4 posts
    13 April 2024 at 4:15:42 #1402595

Hi everyone. I will be visiting soon. I just making last checking whether my itinerary is doable and any restaurant suggestion from all of you. I’m open for any recommendations. Thank you in advance.

Coming from Milan. Finishing at Lucerne

Day 3 (29 Apr) : MILAN – CHUR

– Train Milan Centrale – Tirano   1020 – 1252

– Tirano – Chur   Bernina Express. 1424 – 1822

– Check in  Chur

Day 4 (30 Apr): CHUR – ZERMATT

Glacier Express Ref no: 2300108081 – Chur – Zermatt   1105 – 1710

– Check-in Zermatt

Day 5 (1 May) : ZERMATT – INTERLAKEN

– Check out hotel – Train to Gornergrat   Zermatt GGB   0835 – 0911

– Zooom The Matterhorn (CHF44 return) (±RM211)

– Zermatt – Spiez   1237 – 1423   (Store luggage at station)

– Spiez – Frutigen   1512 – 1523

Bus Bahnhof – Blausee BE – Lake Blausee

Blausee BE – Thun – Lake Thun

– Move to Interlaken by train

Thun – Interlaken West   1924 – 1952

– Check in AirBnb

Day 6 (2 May) : INTERLAKEN

– Lauterbrunnen to Wengen   Cable car to Wengen to Mannlichen – Gondola Mannlichen to Grindelwald Terminal   Grindelwald First, Grindelwald village – Cogwheel Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg   (Eiger Express) – To Wengen by cable car   Stop at Wengernalp – Back to Lauterbrunnen by train

– Iseltwald by bus – Iseltwald (CLON shooting spot)  – Cruise Lake Brienz

– Back to AirBnb

Day 7 (3 May) : LAUTERBRUNNEN

– Harder Kulm – Check out – Move to Lauterbrunen by train – Check in or store luggage

– Take cable car to Grutschalp   Grutschalp to Murren by cogwheel – Take cable car to Mt Schilthorn    Piz gloria revolving – Return via gondola to Stechlberg – Take bus to railway station – Take yellow train to Wengen – Back to Lauterbrunnen

Day 8 (4 May) : LAUTERBRUNNEN

– Walk around Lauterbrunen village – Viewpoint of Staunbach Falls – Check out

– Move to Lucerne (Check in 3PM)

– Drop/store luggage – Lucerne to Vitznau by boat   Rigi Kulm by cogwheel train   Rigi Kaltbad to Weggis by gondola   Weggis to Lucerne by boat – Chapel Bridge

Or PILATUS (time/weather concern)

Day 9 (5 May) : LUCERNE

– From station to Engelberg – Engelberg-Trübsee-Stand   (TITLIS Express) – Take Titlis Rotair to the top – Engelberg to Stan – Stan to Lucerne Station – Explore old town Lucerne

Day 10 (6 May) : COLOGNE, GERMANY

– 0700 at Lucerne Station – Cologne

• Yolanda
    2387 posts
    14 April 2024 at 15:48:40 #1405422

Hello Harris,

Many thanks for sharing your travel plans.

You have researched well and I think all looks doable 🙂

As you are interested in the Bernina Express and Glacier Express train rides, if you have not done so already, I’d look into purchasing the obligatory seat reservations as soon as possible.  These seat reservations can sell out.  More details in the below links:

I’d check the weather forecast before any of your mountain excursions a day or so in advance.  Just so you know the weather will be favourable. Perhaps have a think of some back up options if the weather is poor?

Given your plans, as you will be traveling from and to a few destinations, have you looked into a rail pass?  Perhaps take a look at our guide in the link below, so you can make some comparisons to see which would work best for you:

Also as you are traveling to Germany, here’s our handy guide for travel to/from Germany.  You may find, for example if you opted to run with a Swiss Travel Pass (https://www.myswissalps.com/travel-ticket/swiss-travel-pass/) whilst here, you’d only need to purchase a rail ticket from the Swiss border to Cologne as all travel within Switzerland would be covered:

As for halal restaurant suggestions, perhaps you could ask your AirBNB hosts.  In the meantime in Interlaken I understand Restaurant Shalimar and Taste of India Restaurant serve halal meals.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Harris
    Participant
    4 posts
    15 April 2024 at 16:46:50 #1409537

Thank you Yolanda for your reply.

As for train pass, I purchased STP for 8 days and already made a seat reservation.

As for back up options, I still didn’t plan in full but will look into deeply. Thank you for your reminder.

I will download webcam or somewhat possible to check the current weather.

Your kind reply surely helpful. Hope my journey will run smoothly.

Thank you very much.

Anna
    6397 posts
    15 April 2024 at 20:57:26 #1409546

Hi Harris,

In Lucerne, you can go to Mirch Masala Restaurant for halal meals: http://www.mirchmasalaluzerncity.ch. Also, Tassnim Orient (https://tassnimorient.ch) if you would like to try Lebanese cuisine.

Regards,

Anna

Harris
    Participant
    4 posts
    18 April 2024 at 20:31:04 #1431126

Thank you Anna for your kind suggestions. I will look into it. May my plan run smoothly.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.