Planning my first trip to Switzerland August 7-10

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2017 at 0:43:17 #811089

Hi,

We are a group of 8 travelling first time to this beautiful country. We will each zurich on 7th morning and need to plan the best 4 days .

So far I have heard that lucerne is a good base and travel with swiss pass is very cost effective.

Can someone please advise what could be a first time must see trip and how to go about travelling and if can recommend hotels 2 rooms for the dates 7,8,9,10.

On 11th early morning we have flight to Venice from zurich.

thanks

• Annika
    7127 posts
    16 March 2017 at 15:05:54 #860138

Hi harryb, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Lucerne indeed is a very good base. You’ll find lots of tips for activities on our Lucerne page. I suggest you start reading the tips there and put together an itinerary. Once you have a tentative plan, please feel welcome to post it here and ask further questions!

Hotels can be found here. If you’re not able to find what you’re looking for, please mention your requirements in our accommodation forum.

All about the Swiss Travel Pass can be found here. Purchase options are listed at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. An onlince purchase through the official SBB tourist webshop at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en is easy and recommended.

• The thread ‘Planning my first trip to Switzerland August 7-10’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11130 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.