Problem posting

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2014 at 21:05:48 #806581

Hello Arno and Annika, I have been trying to post my trip report but without success. I even tried to do it in two halves in case the file was too big but it still didn’t work. Any ideas? Maggie

• Arno
    15488 posts
    17 August 2014 at 7:41:11 #840857

Hello Maggie,

I’m sorry you ran into problems while posting! Did you just type your report or are you trying to attach a Word file for example? Is there an error message? An attachment can be a problem if it’s too big. If you don’t know how to make it smaller, you can try to post your report without the attachment and e-mail the attachment to us. I will add it to your post and make the file smaller if required.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2014 at 9:51:40 #840858

Hello Arno, I copied and pasted text from a word document I had been emailing to friends then attached 5 pictures to each half of the report and after some time got message “this page cannot be displayed” as if I had lost my internet connection even though I was still connected. So I am going to try posting my original report in full and if that comes through OK I will then email you the photos. Maggie

Arno
    15488 posts
    17 August 2014 at 13:57:41 #840859

Hi Maggie,

I have received the pictures, made them smaller and attached them to your trip report. The picture files were quite big (about 35 Mb in total), so I guess that’s why attaching them failed. We’ll look into allowing bigger attachments although not as large as 35 Mb. Websites like picresize.com can help shrink pictures to 1024 pixels wide or whatever size one desires. That’s the size I chose in this case.

Thanks for your time, your report is great!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2014 at 14:22:42 #840860

Thank you for your help Arno – I will look into ways to make picture files smaller for future reference!Maggie

• The thread ‘Problem posting’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11310 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.