Suggestion for my 5-day Switzerland itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2017 at 19:39:01 #811934

Hi

I am planning to visit Switzerland in June starting on 23rd from Paris reaching Lucerne. My plan is to travel to Mt Pilatus on 2nd day i.e. 24th and on 25th planning to visit Titlis and then travel to Interlaken in the afternoon and stay there. Next morning 26th plan to travel to Jungfraouch and then leave on 27th to Venice.

I am have been researching afterwards and came to know about Wengen and hence very much interested about the same. I was thinking to drop either Pilatus and Titlis and somehow accomodate Wengen. Please if someone can suggest if thats a possibility that I can manage to do either Pilatus/Titlis(preferance), Jungfraouch , Wengen. This 3 is what I am planning to focus and and also looking to buy Swiss pass and wish to travel by Golden pass.

Any suggestion on how Wengen can be accomodated. Another question, does the ticket counters for ropeway and other rails accept cards or do they accept only cash

Thanks & Regards,

Alok

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 8:24:05 #863698

Yes, you can stay in Wengen rather than Interlaken (45 minutes apart) so you can stay with your original plan and just substitute Wengen instead of Interlaken – and it is closer to Jungfraujoch as well.

The railway stations all accept credit cards yes. You may want to purchase a Swiss Travel Pass for your trip? It may save you money and certainly is more convenient – read more about the Swiss Travel Pass here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 11:30:12 #863699

Thanks Lucas. I will definitely avail Swiss pass for travel.

I understand many of the places among Titlis,Pilatus,Jungfraoujch has some discounts in specific mode of transport.

I see that From Lucerne to Engelberg, its free and then from Engelberg to Titlis via trubsee and stand have 50% discount. So I was just trying to find the farelist for after discount fare. Am i referring the correct link – http://www.titlis.ch/en/ticke ts/cable-car-ride

1. Here it refers engelberg to TITLIS , 66 for one way and 92 for 2 way. Is this correct and if so does that mean, with swiss pass I will need to pay 33(one way) and 46(2 way)?

2. I am actually looking for information related to all the activities and the charges for each at Titlis.

3. Is there any way I can follow a different route from Titlis to Lucerne while going back..just to feel the flavour of a new route.

4. Pilatus is currently not in my plan. Is it not possible to somehow add the same on same day as Titlis. If so what could be the route considering the swiss pass is there.

I am still researching on Jungfraouch and will post if I have any questions on the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Alok

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 15:32:09 #863700

Hi Alok,

1. Yes
    2. The website you linked to in your post for Mt. Titlis describes the summer activities that are available there, some at an extra cost
    3. No, but some other mountains have more than one route up (Mt. Pilatus for example).
    4. You can do both mountains in one day. It will take about 2 hours to get from one mountain top to the other (with several transfers). Have a look at the train schedule here.
    5. Be sure to read through our page on Jungfraujoch as well for trip planning help!

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 19:35:28 #863701

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your post.

For Pilatus and Titlis, whatever I am getting, is like an either or as people are suggesting in different blog.

Since you are more experienced, Can you suggest something how Titlis and Pilatus can be managed on the same day. I am planning to leave early to Titlis and spend some time there and also be part of the various activities. I am now little confused like if I spend time in activities at Titlis, will I have enough time to go to pilatus. The link which you shared I am somehow seeing 4-5 changes. Is that correct or somehow I am mistaken. Do I need to go back to Luzerne from Titlis and then start by Pilatus journey from there again.

What are the normal closure times for places like Titlis/Pilatuis. By closure I means the last mode of transport or after which travel is not recommended or the max time till some one can stay at those places before coming down to Luzerne.

Thanks & Regards,

Alok Datta

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 June 2017 at 9:41:36 #863702

Hi Alok,

Most mountain transport stops operating in the late afternoon, around 5-6 PM. After visiting Mount Titlis you can take trains from Engelberg to Alpnachstad (2 changes, about 1 hour). From there you can take the cogwheel train up to Mount Pilatus. You can check the timetable and the pages Lucas linked to for details.

• The thread ‘Suggestion for my 5-day Switzerland itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.