Hiking trails around Interlaken which maybe open in early June?

• alexandra9
    Participant
    1 post
    21 April 2024 at 11:46:32 #1436309

Hello! I am organizing a trip for a few avid hikers in from June 4th – June 7th. I wanted to know people’s opinions on if the following hikes would be inaccessible/unmarked at this time of year:

1. Schynige platte
    2. Mini Hardergrat trail
    3. Eiger Trail
    4. Männlichen Panorama trail

It looks as if most of these open up in mid June so I’m just about a week off (great timing on my part!)

If any of these are OK or not OK at this time of year I’d love to hear opinions, and potentially some recommendations for similar hikes that will definitely be open at this time of year.

Thanks very much.

• SamIam
    Participant
    97 posts
    21 April 2024 at 14:48:18 #1436645

Hello there! We are in the same boat 😅. We plan to go up the Niederhorn from Beatenberg and just modify our hike there in June 😊. I learned ( pls correct me if I am wrong ) that the Wengen Mannlichen cableway is open on May 27 . Does this mean the Panorama Trail will be open earlier than mid June as weather permits?

Yolanda
    2412 posts
    21 April 2024 at 23:18:03 #1436689

Hi alexandra9,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

In general high altitude hiking routes may still be closed early June. There are no fixed opening dates for trails as it really is weather dependent.

As you have discovered, the hikes on your list are most likely to be accessible from mid-June.

Trains to Schynige Platte do not commence till June 15th so if you were wanting to start hiking from Schynige Platte you are slightly early.  See link below:

Per Samlam, access to the Wengen-Männlichen cableway will be running but it does not necessarily mean the Männlichen Panorama Trail will be open. The trail may not be in a walkable condition.  You can always check with the local tourist office nearer the time for its actual status, just in case 😉

You may also want to take a look at the official hiking guide for Switzerland. If you scroll to “Other websites of interest” in the below link:

Here, you can research all Swiss hikes and view the standard accessibility months:

Lower altitude hiking is probably more realistic. The below should be doable:

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11180 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.