Feb 24, 2018 - 8:25 PM
I will be travelling to Switzerland in the 1st week of April. I will land at Basel Euroairport from Bordeaux on the 6th of April at 22:45 and my return flight is on the 8th of April at 19:20. Given, I have 2 days, I wish to cover Zermatt (Matterhorn) and Lucerne. Based on this, I have planned the following. Please suggest if that's feasible and if not, is there any alternate. Also, I have a few queries too.
1. I shall purchase a 1-day saver pass without reduction card for the 7th of April. So, a morning train from Basel SBB takes me to Zermatt base at 9:15AM on 7th. Is the glacier express covered in the saver day pass OR do i have to reserve and pay separately for the same ??
2. Zermatt SBB to Gondola valley station, takes 20 minutes on foot, right ? Assuming I reach the valley station at 10AM. From here, I shall book the Matternhorn Glacier Paradise which costs CHF 87. Will the entire journey from zermatt to matterhorn and return be covered ? Also, what are the timings and frequencies for the cable car ?
3. What all attractions are included in the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise ticket?
4. Assuming I start my trip towards Matterhorn at 10 AM, and wish to cover 3 hours up top; will I be able to reach Zermatt base station around 5PM?
5. Next I plan to take a train to Lucerne at 5:37 Pm, Stay in Lucerne that night and see the top attractions the following day and wrap up by 4PM and go back to Basel Euroairport by 5:30PM.
Kindly provide your views on this and let me if it will work out!